Good News Purchased new Sony Bravia 50" KD-X80L 4K Smart LED TV

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 8,548
Yes it would have been better if they would have given HDMI 2.1. But my parents don`t play any games and I use MSI laptop for it.
It's not told for playing games..i never played games in mobile or TV...
HDMI 2.1 cable always gives better 4K PQ and AQ as seen/experianced...that's y i always use HDMI 2.1 only for my 4K TV ...even used HDMI cable for Binge plus box...also using for My MiBox 4K....

Congratulations! Bro Sony TV are better than any Samsung TV for sure whereas would recommend you to install power stabilizer.

SonyLIV logo is very much inspired by our logo creator at DreamDTH.

ZWy6ytR.png

(Pic from post #1 by Bapun)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday received the second software update on this TV. It contained some bug fixes for Sony Liv app along with stability improvements.
So after using it over a month are you happy with the TV with sd/HD performance.? UPscaling is centainly better than the rest for sure. Will you recommend this to the people who are on the verge of buying tv vs it's competition from Samsung and LG... ( Not adding smaller Brands especially Chinese).

So after using it over a month are you happy with the TV with sd/HD performance.?
Yes bro, this purchase has been satisfactory for me.

Will you recommend this to the people who are on the verge of buying tv vs it's competition from Samsung and LG... ( Not adding smaller Brands especially Chinese).
Again, yes! It's better than Samsung and LG TVs I believe. Sony TVs have better overall optimization I always felt.

I have been using only Sony brand TVs from more than a decade now. So I can't really confirm but I have seen at some places in past that Samsung and LG doesn't use Google OS for their TVs, they do use some different and mediocre OS called webOS. Again, I don't know and this thing might have changed now.

Samsung and LG doesn't use Google OS for their TVs, they do use some different and mediocre OS called webOS. Again, I don't know and this thing might have changed now.
It's still true. Among the premium brands only Sony provides Android/Google TV OS.
While Samsung and LG TVs run on Tizen OS and WebOS respectively.

Yes bro, this purchase has been satisfactory for me.

Again, yes! It's better than Samsung and LG TVs I believe. Sony TVs have better overall optimization I always felt.

I have been using only Sony brand TVs from more than a decade now. So I can't really confirm but I have seen at some places in past that Samsung and LG doesn't use Google OS for their TVs, they do use some different and mediocre OS called webOS. Again, I don't know and this thing might have changed now.
Thanks @Bapun Raz. Yep Sony has google os. I have used all three Premium brands. Currently using LG webos. What I found is over the time Google os will really slow down and will get laggy. Tizen is good but really am not fond of samsung. I burnt my pocket when samsung gave up just after the warranty expired.Now using LG so far I will rank Webos better than google os atleast for me. My sister has LG webos for last 2 yrs... And it hasn't slowed down a bit. It has its limitations of software apps to be installed. But it's nothing major drawback.

Hence that question of how's your tv faired since you have bought it a month ago.
Cheers bro.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock