• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.

How To Reinstall Windows Without Losing Anything

Napster

Elite
Reaction score
You can use this method as often as you like when you need to repair something that had gotten corrupted and you don't want to do a clean install.
This is better than doing a windows repair install from the cd because doing that can cause changes to settings and even make it so you can't get updates anymore from microsoft update site because of the 'silent install' they did a year or so ago (unless you rereg some dll files).

here is the steps>>>
1- Start WindowsXP
2- Go to the location of your source files
3- Run WINNT32 /unattend
For example, D:\I386\winnt32 /unattend ( copy & paste this command into the RUN box, then press ENTER ) Your computer will do the rest.

OR

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
Copy & paste > D:\I386\winnt32 /unattend (notice the space between 32 and / )
Press Enter.
If you have i386 on your drive, you can replace D: ( if D: is your cd drive ) with the location of it. (be sure it's the full i386 though)
D: is the driver letter where your windows XP Cd is if D:\I386\winnt32 /unattend doesn't work then try : d:\winnt32 /unattend.

try.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T How to Reinstall Your PS4's System Software Mobiles & Accessories 0
Bapun Raz Windows x HP Science & Technology 2
Bapun Raz Microsoft Windows: Kernel Data Protection Science & Technology 0
Optimus_Prime Good News Prime Video app Now LIVE on Windows Store Computer OS & Software 1
Bapun Raz Windows File Recovery Apps & Websites 0
A For Sale Windows 10 Pro Keys Buy/Sell Devices 5
D Giveaway: Windows 10 Pro License Computer OS & Software 13
C Seeking Help Help me with Windows 10 1903 version troubleshooting Computer OS & Software 0
sumitroy Windows Package Manager (Preview) Computer OS & Software 2
Bapun Raz Windows Subsystem for Linux Computer OS & Software 1
A Seeking Help Windows 10 locks instead of hibernate Computers & Hardware 1
Siva Seeking Help Cheapest option to get genuine Windows 10? Buying Guidance 7
T Seeking Help HDD Fail Warning on Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Laptop Computers & Hardware 22
T Unable to install Windows 10 Computers & Hardware 29
mmadhankumar Good News Windows 10 now lets you make phone calls direct from your PC Computers & Hardware 2
Girish Good News Purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 i3 7th Gen (1 TB - HDD/Windows 10) 35 67 Laptop Computers & Hardware 18
Bapun Raz Windows 1.11 Apps & Websites 2
Abhinav842 Breaking Microsoft will close Support for Windows 7 in 2020 Computers & Hardware 23
mmadhankumar Good News Microsoft adds smart Phonetic Indic keyboards in 10 Indian languages for Windows 10 Computers & Hardware 0
B Seeking Help Not able to see blur ui in login screen and new setting ui after updating to windows 10 1903 update Computers & Hardware 8
mmadhankumar Breaking Microsoft hints at "Modern OS" - Windows Lite? Windows Core OS? Computers & Hardware 0
Bapun Raz Buy Windows 10 Pro Lifetime License for Just 299 on Flipkart Online Shopping Discussions 93
mmadhankumar Breaking Windows 7 and XP Users -- Patch Now to Prevent a worm Computers & Hardware 0
mmadhankumar Sad News WhatsApp to drop support for Windows phones on December 31 Apps & Websites 2
mmadhankumar Good News Microsoft to ship a full Linux kernel in Windows 10 Computers & Hardware 1