Seeking Help Help with fire tv stick from canada

amansingh

Reaction score
guys i am getting fire tv stick from canada. but as u may know there is voltage difference in canada and india. will i face any difficulty in powering it up or ill be fine?

As far as powering it is concerned .....
After getting the fire tv stick you need to check the power rating of the adopter provided with it.
Looking at the power rating, You will have 2 options.
1) If the adopter input is 110V then you will need a convertor to change the input to 220V. (they are available online and offline)
Or 2) Check the output of the given adopter and buy a new adopter with the same output.

As far as powering it is concerned .....
After getting the fire tv stick you need to check the power rating of the adopter provided with it.
Looking at the power rating, You will have 2 options.
1) If the adopter input is 110V then you will need a convertor to change the input to 220V. (they are available online and offline)
Or 2) Check the output of the given adopter and buy a new adopter with the same output.
Ok bro that i do know. Actually i want to know if anybody already know what adapter it comes with.

Most gadgets have step down DC adapters with input voltage specified on it and usually work for all range between 100v to 220v power supply. Canada is 120v and India is 220v so if the gadget has an adapter in this range of input it will work in India. Almost all step down DC current devices from 120v countries with DC adapters will work in India. Big appliances like washing machines that use AC power without adapter will not work in India directly and will require us to buy our own 220v to 120v generic voltage transformer. Plug fitting may require you to invest in a a universal power strip or plug adapter in either case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock