Seeking Help Looking for 5.1 Sound System with Dolby support

Prithi Deb

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thanks to the Jio Android SetTopBox that came with our new Jio AirFiber connection, my parents have started watching less Live TV and more OTT content and also music streaming. Our current 2.1 sound system is on the end of its life. It has served us for almost 10 years.

Now I am looking for a 5.1 Sound System with Dolby support. Budget is around ₹10,000 (flexible to some extent). It will be connected to TV. I am open to any brand, as long as it meets my requirements.

I had wishlisted many available options from various brands previously, but most of them are now out of stock or discontinued. Only this one is available. Kindly, give your suggestions.

Also, ONE MORE THING!!!: Our TV doesn't support Dolby and neither it has HDMI ARC (only regular HDMI). We'll probably buy a new TV is the next year or two. So, till then is there any way to get Dolby audio from the Jio STB and FireTV Stick to Speakers? I have seen many AV splitter available on Amazon. But I am not sure if they support Dolby pass-through. Please do tell if you know any way to do the same.

Last edited:
Yes. Now tell , do u like "baby ko base pasand hain" like base or want more clarity in music .
Baby ko clarity pasand hai.
For first sony S20R is best available in Market(old version) otherwise Samsung B55E is best option for clarity.
But B55E is 2.1, right?

Are You Kidding?

Jio STB Must Have Optical Out,

Share Me Pics Of Box Backside
0gnvlvl.jpg

B55E is 2.1, right?
This 2.1 is more than efficient considering your current tv. Otherwise go for its 5.1version if you going to upgrade your tv nearly. So this 5.1 will be your current investement for future period.
I especially heard samsung and sony both .
And I feel sony has more punchy base but lack in Clarity in budget segment but samsung has more clarity.

This 2.1 is more than efficient considering your current tv. Otherwise go for its 5.1version if you going to upgrade your tv nearly. So this 5.1 will be your current investement for future period.
I especially heard samsung and sony both .
And I feel sony has more punchy base but lack in Clarity in budget segment but samsung has more clarity.
Noted. Thanks.

Our TV is also around 10 Years old. 😅 Awaiting upgrade soon. The Black colours look Red sometimes.

Without optical out, and HDMI ARC, you won't be able to get 5.1. So your current connectivity would most probably be through an Aux port, which would give 2.1 output. Assuming this purchase is for near future, you should go for the Sony model mentioned above or the Zebronics one. I heard the Boat one recently and it's bass is too heavy. But if you have some more budget, this Samsung is a great option!

Found this following product on Amazon. This should work in my case. 🤔 Claims to support Dolby Passthrough. The reviews also claim that it works. Kinda expensive though. I am also concerned about getting defective product, as claimed by some of the reviews.

OREI 4K 18G HDMI Audio Extractor Converter - SPDIF + 3.5mm Output – HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 - Dolby Digital/DTS Passthrough CEC, HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10 Support (HDA-912)

A cheaper alternative. This too claims to support Dolby Passthrough, but I couldn't find any confirmation from the reviews.

Dacimora HDMI Audio Extractor,HDMI Audio Converter to 3.5mm AUX Audio/Optical 5.1 CH/4k UHD Supports HDCP Dolby Digital DTS 5.1 PCM

There's one from Amazon Basics as well. Reviews claim that Dolby Passthrough is working. I think this one would be the safest option.

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI to HDMI and Audio (RCA Stereo or Spdif) Extractor Converter (Supports Apple TV, Fire TV and Blue-Ray Players)

Last edited:
Aux and RCA output ports only. It's a 10 year old TV. That's why. 😅
Then you can go for the Sony or Zeb or Samsung. All those have analog input. Till you get a new TV, you could use the Aux out. Once you get the new TV, you can use the HDMI ARC. I wouldn't buy the converter if it's just for short term.

Will be waiting till the next sale. As right now I am not getting any card offers. Most likely will go with the ZEBRONICS JUKE BAR 9530 Pro. There's also an older model, ZEBRONICS JUKE BAR 9400 Pro with higher wattage. But according to the reviews, it's bass heavy. Whereas the 9530 Pro is apparently far better tuned and more neutral, and emphasises more on the mids.

Might also go for the Sony if I get a good deal during sale.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock