Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 115,782
Cause till 2019, Hotstar used to stream the IPL matches for free if you had a Jio Sim. The ICC WC Semis, India v NZ had more concurrency than this, it's clocked more than 25 million.

In 2020, Disney decided that more subscribers are needed than the concurrency.. That's the reason simply.
Okay, in that case Hotstar let both Jio and Airtel users stream for free. 2018's figure should be higher. Back than even Internet data prices were low too.

Interesting.

Interesting.
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) is working on a proposal to bring communication-based apps such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Skype, Facetime, etc. under some form of regulation, where they pay an interconnect usage charge (IUC) to telecom operators for using their networks. A token, one-time licence/registration fee may also be levied on such operators. However, it’s not clear at this stage whether such apps would need to pay a licence fee on a recurring basis as a percentage of their adjusted gross revenue (AGR).

Network usage charge for OTTs in the offing; communication-based apps to come under regulation

Last edited by a moderator:
Those virtual debit cards were so much of a treat until 2018. You could use endless trials of OTT services. Even the big ones worked. Than they stopped working. Even new email address meant extended trial via new account. Than you got refer and extend subscription. Closest thing to premium we get for free nowadays is 15 minutes of free Spotify after watching an ad. 😂

Today only i noticed that Netflix Monthly plan duration is 1 month & not 30 Days.

Means 31 Days in January, 28 Days in February (2023).

I don't know about other Ott services as I never took any other ott service subscription individually.

Me trying to find 4 other friends to share YouTube Premium.
p4PAO53.gif

Just satire: Don't take it seriously or reply.

Why are there so many few people willing to pay for Youtube Premium? Is it too expensive? Like YouTube Music itself is worth it.

Why are there so many few people willing to pay for Youtube Premium?
Once YouTube Vanced stops working completely, many people will start paying. My friend who has never subscribed to anything ever, has subscribed to YouTube Premium after his Vanced suddenly stopped working.

Is it too expensive? Like YouTube Music itself is worth it.
Exactly.
I realized that I was already paying over ₹1k per year just for music (₹1.2k for Spotify, ₹1k for Apple Music). So why not pay for Youtube Premium instead. This way I get both YT Premium and YT Music Premium.

I realized that I was already paying over ₹1k per year just for music (₹1.2k for Spotify, ₹1k for Apple Music). So why not pay for Youtube Premium instead. This way I get both YT Premium and YT Music Premium.
But, Spotify and apple music are way ahead.... If we listen more music than yt music is not good compared to Spotify or Apple Music... Especially Spotify.

Once YouTube Vanced stops working completely, many people will start paying. My friend who has never subscribed to anything ever, has subscribed to YouTube Premium after his Vanced suddenly stopped working.
Revance is still working. NewPipe is fine. Don't like the UI. It's too bland. And I don't want these to suddenly stop like Youtube Vanced. So it's better to move than use some non reliable app. Everyone seems to be fine with 30-40 seconds ads. What irritates me is PiP. It is just inconvenient to do some work and watch. ₹129 is just too expensive. They know people are abusing these family groups. No one's paying ₹189 to share among their family members. They can honestly provide plan for single user at ₹50.

But, Spotify and apple music are way ahead.... If we listen more music than yt music is not good compared to Spotify or Apple Music... Especially Spotify.
Definitely. In terms of music quality, Apple Music and Spotify are far better.

The thing is that I hate the UI of Spotify. It feels too cluttered and all over the place. That's why I moved to Apple Music. In Apple Music, the UI is far better, and even the sound quality was better than Spotify. But the Android app was garbage. Everything was laggy.
Hence I decided to give YouTube Music a try. The app is stable. The UI is good (Apple Music still better). You can also play YouTube videos in audio-only mode. And I love the algorithm. Once to play any song, it queues similar types of songs. Love it.

What irritates me is PiP. It is just inconvenient to do some work and watch.
I watch 90% of the videos in PiP mode. Even right now I am watching while typing this. 😆😅
It's probably the most important feature for me.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock