Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 115,052
This I think is the future of streaming. Content from streaming services and linear tv in one platform combined. Sadly we can't buy a direct subscription. It comes with ISP bundles.

Spotify is one of the most overhyped thing I have ever used in the life. I got it so that I can have one combined app for using music and podcast. The podcast UI is so bad. They have subscriptions and recommendations in one top app. They have multiple episodes of same podcast marked as new. On music front they use too much data but songs doesn't half as good as it does with YouTube Music. I thought free tier offer bad quality. Premium is no good either. Only good part were finding old playlists as they are the one of the oldest streaming service provider. Also they got some exclusive podcast.

Thankfully, I got a free trial. Never purchasing it ever again unless they offer a higher quality music. YouTube Music even without family group is a steal as it's comes with YouTube Premium. And can be used across devices. If they want Google can even bundle Google Play Pass too. It isn't a big thing. But has potential to become big if they create a bigger market share.

Last edited:
On music front they use too much data but songs doesn't half as good as it does with YouTube Music.
That's because YouTube Music plays in 256kbps bitrate on High Setting. Whereas, Spotify plays in 320kbps. Most people won't find any difference between the two.

That's because YouTube Music plays in 256kbps bitrate on High Setting. Whereas, Spotify plays in 320kbps. Most people won't find any difference between the two.
The audio itself sounds low. That has nothing to do with bitrate. iTunes offers music upto 256kbps and Google Play Store use to offer music upto 320kbps. You will find the quality of the music same there.

I am not an audiophile but still the audio difference Spotify and YouTube Music is noticeable to me. I don't know whether the actual quality is higher on YT Music or they play the music a little louder.

I am not an audiophile but still the audio difference Spotify and YouTube Music is noticeable to me. I don't know whether the actual quality is higher on YT Music or they play the music a little louder.
You can test the bass. My head is about to explode when I listen to music on full volume in YouTube Music. Not as hard as a FLAC song. But it is still high. On Spotify I barely feel anything most of the time. This is a weird issue I face even with Gaana too. Entire old library of International music specially has low quality music. Meanwhile new library has good quality music. Maybe they need to reupload the library. Earlier Internet was slow and access to Internet was limited. I think older music streaming services had lower quality songs uploaded in it's server for interrup free streaming. YouTube Music is a brand new platform. This is why they might have song in best quality.

Agreed. Idk the hype about Spotify. I usually just prefer playing music on YT apps instead.

Spotify sounds very low quality across all devices.

How true is that people watched Season 1 of Mirzapur and Sacred Games on ☠️? But paid to watch respective seasons.

I remember how HBO shows profited off ☠️. People watched shows like Game of Thrones on other platforms. But ended up paying for HBO Defined and Hotstar in it's later years.

How true is that people watched Season 1 of Mirzapur and Sacred Games on ☠️? But paid to watch respective seasons.
These two shows literally acted as a doorway for both Netflix and Prime Video that brought in new paying customers.
When recommended to watch Sacred Games, people often used to ask "Which channel?". The concept of shows being available exclusively on mobile phone apps and all episodes available to watch instantly was very new to everyone. At that time people only knew that the shows that air on TV can be watched on apps such as Hotstar and SonyLiv. OTT originals were a totality new thing. Also, having Saif Ali Khan really helped.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock