Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 114,641
I forgot to cancel my Voot Select subscription and the amount got deducted automatically from my Amazon Pay wallet. I wanted to renew it manually by applying SELECT30 code, so that I could get the discount.

Even though I doubt it, would it be possible to get a refund?

I forgot to cancel my Voot Select subscription and the amount got deducted automatically from my Amazon Pay wallet. I wanted to renew it manually by applying SELECT30 code, so that I could get the discount.

Even though I doubt it, would it be possible to get a refund?
Same thing happened to me too since i helped a friend out last year to get voot with discounts on Amazon pay. It got auto debited again this year from my amazon pay account.

Initially i was surprised and registered a fraud transaction complaint with Amazon but they said it is an authorized transaction. Then i contacted voot and they gave the phone number on which the transaction happened and it turned out to be my friend's account who is no longer in touch with me :). The only way to stop this is by calling that guy and asking to cancel subscription from account setting.

Amazon should have some option to decline such transactions. I tried 2FA and manage logged in devices etc but couldnt find the voot login there. May be Kayenath is trying to get me and my friend together through voot. I have to contact him for sure

Same thing happened to me too since i helped a friend out last year to get voot with discounts on Amazon pay. It got auto debited again this year from my amazon pay account.

Initially i was surprised and registered a fraud transaction complaint with Amazon but they said it is an authorized transaction. Then i contacted voot and they gave the phone number on which the transaction happened and it turned out to be my friend's account who is no longer in touch with me :). The only way to stop this is by calling that guy and asking to cancel subscription from account setting.

Amazon should have some option to decline such transactions. I tried 2FA and manage logged in devices etc but couldnt find the voot login there. May be Kayenath is trying to get me and my friend together through voot. I have to contact him for sure
Got this reply on twitter.

ae8NkCB.jpg

They don't care to issue refund because that would be a loss for them, also it's totally legal and auto debit was authorised by you at the time of initial transaction. Never get trapped in auto-renew subscriptions and revoke authorisation or cancel subscription as soon as possible after buying it since it is very easy to lose track of how much you are spending.

They don't care to issue refund because that would be a loss for them, also it's totally legal and auto debit was authorised by you at the time of initial transaction. Never get trapped in auto-renew subscriptions and revoke authorisation or cancel subscription as soon as possible after buying it since it is very easy to lose track of how much you are spending.
I just used Amazon Pay as a payment method because they give cashback on Voot subscription. Didn't knew it was auto-renewal. And I forgot I used Amazon Pay in the first place.

How much were you charged without the discount?
₹299.
I was thinking of renewing when Asur 2 would release.

Select 30 promocode was expired few months ago itself..
I wasn't aware of that.

Sometimes Internet Archive is the best OTT service. You get to stream content which aren't available to stream on any OTT platform.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock