Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 113,862
Watching WC qualifiers on Sony LIV now and can say they are nailing sports streaming in India no buffering smooth visuals, even PSL/BBL were available in 50 fps and for the biggest cricket league in the world we neither have 4K coverage nor high frame rates in a country where high speed internet penetration is huge, IMAX enhanced also missing and no support for Playstation/XBOX since eternity.

Last edited:
Hotstar is most likely losing HBO. They are giving heavy discount at a time when their service is in most demand. They know they are not strong Otherwise there is no reason to show such huge desperation. It's very diffcult to get illegal live streams during IPL. On top of that TVs are selling like hot cakes for IPL. Same isn't the case with DTH services. More people are demanding Hotstar on their Smart TVs to stream wifi. Meanwhile Sony Liv has shown poor efforts to promote their sports content. I am surprised to everyone wanting Hotstar to watch cricket. But has no idea that Sony does that too. It's high time Sony introduce a whole seperate app altogether. Same applies to Discovery+, Voot etc. Most casual viewers just had no idea that you can watch wrestling, basketball etc. on these apps.

They are giving heavy discount at a time when their service is in most demand. They know they are not strong Otherwise there is no reason to show such huge desperation.
It's simply because most subscriptions are coming to expiry, they want to retain them and attract the new ones.. They have to post 10+ millions in sub additions on Disney+ subscriptions to keep Wall Street Happy. So, retention of Hotstar subscriptions is more important to that... Also, they don't have any new country launches which can help to get that bump as well... It's not like the old Hotstar days, when whatever they does doesn't directly impact the 21st Century FOX shares., now Hotstar is more integrated and important to Disney's share price and its important for them to keep retaining subscribers...

Why in alt balagi app
Shows not in full screen
Is there any settings to me made?

The hell that is wrong with India streaming services. JioSaavn doesn't function properly on it's own fiber. Hotstar airs pixelated IPL even on FHD. Sony Liv cannot play morning's content after live telecast because of DRM issue. And Zee5's UI is bad.

Help me!!

I didn't get 4k on my Amazon Prime video app in my tataplay binge box. It showing in HD😞

The hell that is wrong with India streaming services. JioSaavn doesn't function properly on it's own fiber. Hotstar airs pixelated IPL even on FHD. Sony Liv cannot play morning's content after live telecast because of DRM issue. And Zee5's UI is bad.
Yes IPL is pixelated because they are just streaming at 2.6 Mbps bitrate in 1080p with 24 fps, I watch IPL on my 43 inch TV rather than 55 inch TV because on 55 inch it feels like a 480p video stream, not sure what will happen on 65 inches and above

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock