Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 115,165
@hike bro.
Believe it or not Discovery Plus is offering better content than whole Netflix career in India.
Don't know about that. But they got one of the worst streaming service. Video quality is bad. No offline feature is provided. There is no watchlist. Sony Liv and Zee5 are better than them. Sadly all content from Vice and BBC comes to Discovery+.

Which Indian (domestic) OTT app is the best on FireTV in terms of interface/navigation?

FYI, Hotstar is an Indian app.

FYI, Hotstar is an Indian app.
I know.

Please sort in descending order (best to worst) all Indian OTT apps in terms of interface/navigation (not content) on FireTV or any other TV OS you use

I know.

Please sort in descending order (best to worst) all Indian OTT apps in terms of interface/navigation (not content) on FireTV or any other TV OS you use
I don't own a firestick. And I only use two OTT services on TV which are Hotstar and Sony Liv (WWE Network). Sony Liv has a terrible app. It's literally painful to seek.

I don't own a firestick. And I only use two OTT services on TV which are Hotstar and Sony Liv (WWE Network). Sony Liv has a terrible app. It's literally painful to seek.
I am in US, so I don't have hotstar, sony liv and voot as standalone apps....here is my sorting of apps available here which i have tried....i am not subscribed to any of these apps.....just rating the browsing experience:

1. ullu
2. zee5
3. alt balaji
4. hungama play
5. eros now
6. shemaroo me

Last edited:
Amazon is doing a big mistake. They need to offer cricket for free atleast for first few years. No subscriber would complain if they decides to have ads than during live matches. They are already use to it on Disney+ Hotstar and Sony Liv. They will save costs on advertisement which they are doing to promote every content nowadays for being a premium only streaming service. When people will actually installs a wholly premium service like Prime Video to watch a free content. They would actually get encouraged to see and subscribe when they will see Amazon Prime's huge library. It would be a good opportunity to sell their streaming service. Usually, when someone sees something free like Shark Tank India on Sony Liv. Could be encouraged to subscribe to watch shows like Scam 1992 and Rocket Boys. Same works for Hotstar as well.

Something wrong with the bundles is that they include every OTT services they can. It does nothing but increases cost of the plan. They need to pick the big popular services and sell it as a bundle.

Every streaming service should have a "browse" option for non-subscribers....Also a "new trailers" section which everyone can watch.

Zee5 has both these options.

Wonder why netflix don't do this.

@Saichaitanya4496 bro. Will you consider ever creating a thread or writing an article about International OTTs? About who owns what. With all the acquisition. It's really confusing.

Another question. Who owns new content from Fox channel after Disney's acquisition?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock