Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 115,148
Don't know about that. But they got one of the worst streaming service. Video quality is bad. No offline feature is provided. There is no watchlist. Sony Liv and Zee5 are better than them. Sadly all content from Vice and BBC comes to Discovery+.
Bad video quality on Discovery Plus? Are you kidding?

Will you consider ever creating a thread or writing an article about International OTTs? About who owns what. With all the acquisition. It's really confusing
Will do when I find time.
Another question. Who owns new content from Fox channel after Disney's acquisition?
The new content on FOX channels are owned by multiple companies bro. Let's take recent shows for example, The Big Leap is owned by Disney's 20th Television like many of the shows that air on Fox, Fantasy Island is owned by Sony, The Cleaning Lady is owned by Warner Bros TV, and the new Gordon Ramsay's Next Level Chef is owned by Fox themselves.

Currently, they have an advantage of ordering content from anyone they want as they don't have any well established in house content Studios like abc, NBC or CBS have.

Bad video quality on Discovery Plus? Are you kidding?
Not kidding. It's only usable on browsers. On apps both in tv and Android TV video quality sucks. High quality is even disabled in new versions of the app.

Prime also following appletv+. Weekly new episodes. Netflix losing subscriptions due to availablilty of all episodes at once.

Prime also following appletv+. Weekly new episodes. Netflix losing subscriptions due to availablilty of all episodes at once.
Not doing that in India yet. I am not really a big fan of binge releases. One episode per week is normal. You are not forced to finish episodes at one go to avoid spoilers and do discussions. You also get something to watch fresh here everyday.

Not doing that in India yet. I am not really a big fan of binge releases. One episode per week is normal. You are not forced to finish episodes at one go to avoid spoilers and do discussions. You also get something to watch fresh here everyday.
Yes. They have started doing that in India for their English series: Legend of Vox Machina, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Last one laughing Canada.

Many people are subscribing and watching the show they want and then cancelling after finishing. I myself did it for Squid Game and Stranger Things.

Last edited:
King's man movie has started streaming on hulu in US....ad showing on Google TV home screen:

nOuRmlj.jpg

Browsed aha on my Google TV. Very impressed with this app.

Can select only one language at a time. Thought that what they mean by "100% telugu" or "100% tamil" is that there would be no dubbed content from other languages. But then found some dubbed content in the telugu setting.

But at least there is no doubt about the language of any content. It will be telugu in telugu setting and tamil in tamil setting. In netflix and prime, we always have to look for the "language" in description :geek:

Another plus: It lets you watch the free movies without signing in! In US, Prime Video also has free movies but requires sign-in.

Last edited:
If you got miss International music channel like Vh1 on broadband. You can try MTV on youtube. They livestreams curated music like on tv channels.

Why Im feeling most of OTT Contents are premium version of CID, Savdhaan India, Crime Patrol...Etc...Etc...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock