Discussion General Discussions about streaming services

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 666
  • Views: Views 115,113
Here HD means 720p or 1080p?

Olh2Zi5.jpg
I am getting 1080p FHD in sports and other titles....

I think rates of monthly subscription needs to go down and become realistic. Let's take Sony Liv for example monthly charge is ₹199. Annually same cost ₹999. I feel like it's a waste of subscription where one can hardly invest 2-3 hours on watching OTR when they got work and social media to cover. Monthly subscription needs to be a priority for these OTT. Trust me people will come everytime when something good is offered.

I think rates of monthly subscription needs to go down and become realistic. Let's take Sony Liv for example monthly charge is ₹199. Annually same cost ₹999. I feel like it's a waste of subscription where one can hardly invest 2-3 hours on watching OTR when they got work and social media to cover. Monthly subscription needs to be a priority for these OTT. Trust me people will come everytime when something good is offered.
Why it would be for the OTT providers when they can bum more money from you by selling annual package making it look attractive compared to the monthly package.For ex. when Asur was released on Voot i had taken the annual subscription and from that time i haven't watched a single show on Voot because it was not simply worth my time and energy.If i had taken a monthly subscription of Rs 99 instead of a yearly subscription of Rs 399 i would have definitely cancelled it the next month but paying 399 for a year looked lucrative to me and i fell for it.

Why it would be for the OTT providers when they can bum more money from you by selling annual package making it look attractive compared to the monthly package.For ex. when Asur was released on Voot i had taken the annual subscription and from that time i haven't watched a single show on Voot because it was not simply worth my time and energy.If i had taken a monthly subscription of Rs 99 instead of a yearly subscription of Rs 399 i would have definitely cancelled it the next month but paying 399 for a year looked lucrative to me and i fell for it.
That is for small time OTT. If you are roping in a customer for a year. Customer would expect more content from you. Or they ain't renewing the subscription. Meanwhile an affordable monthly plan also encourages a first time customer. These monthly subscription rates are really unrealistic.

Last edited:
That is for small time OTT. If you are roping in a customer for a year. Customer would expect more content from you. Or they ain't renewing the subscription. Meanwhile an affordable monthly plan also encourages a first time customer. These monthly subscription rates are really unrealistic.
Yes but you are tied for 1 year at the least.And who knows they may come with another show stopper in 12 months time which will again lure into buying the subscription.
Apart from Prime i feel Sony Liv has been best VFM for me.It comes up with good hindi webseries time to time plus football and other live events are there to watch.

Didn't know we could subscribe to TataSky Binge even without a Binge+ Set Top Box or TV Stick. 😶

nlT4kgt.png

Isn't ₹299 a great deal for all these apps. Or am I missing something? 👀
I wish it had Discovery+ as well. 😅

Last edited:
Didn't know we could subscribe to TataSky Binge+ even without a Binge Set Top Box or TV Stick. 😶

nlT4kgt.png

Isn't ₹299 a great deal for all these apps. Or am I missing something? 👀
I wish it had Discovery+ as well. 😅
But they ask for binge+ account

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock