General Discussions about Jio AirFiber

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 51
  • Views: Views 5,928
Pe8cLR2.jpg

Zee sony discovery 5 screens really? And that too their monthly plan, I guess this is not true and the total 1600 is based on individual apps monthly subscription rates which in reality are 3 to 4x of their annual rates if divided monthly

Let me share my almost 3 months of Jio AirFiber experience.

For Whom it is FOR:-
(i) If you already have a primary (non-jio, preferably Local) Fiber BB connection, you can definitely go for this as 1000GB will not be an issue then.
(ii) If your (Primary) Fiber BB connection gets frequent cable cuts in your area, this will be a savior.
(iii) If you have very low usage like watching YT in FHD at max, this will be OK.
(iv) If you want this only for OTT benefits, go for it with 30Mbps plan @ Rs599.

Whoever have to Avoid:-
  1. If you are looking for 100Mbps speed, Kindly avoid this. For 30Mbps plan and with good LoS of Jio's tower, it will perform OK.
  2. If you want to use this as ONLY BB connection or even as a "Primary" BB connection, kindly avoid this. It is NOT worth it, imho.
  3. If Jio's 5G tower is either far away or NOT in Line of Sight and/or 5G speed even on mobile is slow / inconsistent, then totally Avoid this or at least wait till "FREE UL mobile 5G offer" to end. With more 5G users joining the tower, it will get even worse, imho.
  4. If you want to have a "Setup and Forget" type BB connection for say "BB for Cameras in go-down / remote place", kindly Avoid this. You need to switch off and ON this router at least once every 3 days.

Jio- New connection ke liye kuch bhi karega 😂😂
T: Jio- will do anything for new connection 😂😂
Ekfcpp2.jpg

There is a reason why the wired fibre connectivity is still the absolute best one can get. And Jio and Airtel can call their 5G-based networks broadband, but as the saying goes, if it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, then it probably is no kitten. In other words, Jio and Airtel can call these networks whatever but essentially these are not "broadband" networks. They are cellular networks. And because they are cellular networks, despite good speed, they are not as reliable and robust as regular broadband connection.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock