Discussion General Discussions about Indian Broadband Services

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 164
  • Views: Views 41,623
ACT plan for Chennai found it in their website.
Popup_CHN6.jpg

Terms & Conditions
(B) Promotional scheme for free BB Plan.

i) Promotional scheme in all the Circles (except A&N Circle) for a period of 90 days, to offer one free Broadband connection with plan 'BBG Combo ULD 45GB Plan' for two months, to the customers who has purchased new PC/Laptop.

ii) To avail the above scheme, the customer has to submit the copy of PC/Laptop's latest bill, issued within two month prior to the month of providing BSNL Broadband connection.

iii) The commercial officer of the area shall attach the same at the time of provision of new broadband connection under above promotional scheme and shall keep the copy of PC/Laptop's bill in the file of the customer.

http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/entry_level_plan.html

Good News:
Finally, old customers eligible for new bsnl broadband plans (http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/entry_level_plan.html)
Successfully activated BBG Combo ULD 600GB Plan (20gb per day with unlimited calls per day @ rs 491/month with 20mbps speed) on my existing LandLine Broadband (Old plan is ULD 999) through bsnl selfcare portal. it took 5 days to activate.
no speed difference though (still 3 to 4 mbps only).

Looks like ACT Fiber in Hyd is planning to upgrade internet speeds once again to counter Jio :)

Did not receive any official details but I observed that my connection speed has been increased to 25Mbps though I am using 15 Mbps plan. I tried multiple times and seeing consistent 25 Mbps.

Edit: Checked with 3 of my friends who use same plan and all are seeing speed increased to 25Mbps.

25Mbps for ₹501(including GST) is good deal :)
4155727708.png

Last edited:
No use of increasing speeds to us. What exactly do we customers benefit from increased speeds? Is there any app, TV streaming service that doesn't work well at 15 and works well at 25?

The benefit would be if they increase FUP limits.

No use of increasing speeds to us. What exactly do we customers benefit from increased speeds? Is there any app, TV streaming service that doesn't work well at 15 and works well at 25?

The benefit would be if they increase FUP limits.
I agree majority would be looking for increase in FUP, but there are some people like me also who do not download much but want the few downloads we do at better speed :D

I believe they will increase FUP as well with the speed.
Looks like Jio is going to start plans with 100Mbps as minimum so ACT is getting ready to face that.

If its about downloading/torrents/etc., then is makes some sense.

Bros I view tv for 5 hours daily and 2 hours of computer internet use. I don't have any smart tv box now but in near future I am looking for a jio gigafibre connection which comes with a Wi-Fi dongle and a smart stb . Guys what will be my daily data GB usage in this current above scenario. Please help.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock