Coyle wants Cahill resolution

Reaction score
Owen Coyle has urged clubs keen on Bolton Wanderers' Gary Cahill to make the 'right offer sooner rather than later'.

Cahill has been linked with a string of the Barclays Premier League's leading clubs after impressing at the Reebok Stadium during the past couple of seasons.

Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are reported to be leading the chase for the England central defender, but have yet to firm up their interest with bids.

Trotters boss Coyle admits he is prepared to let Cahill move on this summer in order to fulfil an ambition of playing in the Champions League.
However, Coyle is growing impatient that the speculation has not been followed up by offers and he is keen for a swift resolution to the situation.

"If someone comes in with the right deal for Gary and the club, he would go with our blessing," said Coyle.

"He wants to play Champions League football and there has been unbelievable speculation regarding him.

"There are big clubs after him, but it is up to them to come on and back that up. If they don't, I hope they move on somewhere else and leave the boy alone.

"If a bid comes in, we will look at it. If it doesn't we will make the best of the situation. We know we have got a top-class player in our ranks.

"It is frustrating for everybody, but Bolton Wanderers is Gary's club and we pay him a good salary. He is focused on the job and will be until something happens.

"I don't want to lose Gary, but if the right offer came in for him it would be better sooner rather than later."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2386864,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock