Feeling stressed about owning a car

• Thread starter aarion
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,678

aarion

Banned
Reaction score
Recently (on Aug 23), we purchased a second hand car. Me and my brother never rode a scooty, motorcycle or bicycle in entire life. He is 26 and I am 25. Four months back, my brother learnt driving under an instructor just for 10 days when we never had a car. Nobody in my family knows how to drive.

Now I feel we made a mistake by purchasing a car. It is giving me anxiety and stress. The problem is that my brother is unable to drive properly. People say that we should practice more to become a better driver but we don't want to wreck car and cause damage while learning to drive as a beginner. It will cost us a lot of money and it may take our life or somebody's life. My brother has Learning Licence but not DL.

My brother has bumped his car several times since we purchased car. He has poor left-right judgement and lacks good coordination and attention. We don't want to spend on car dent, damage and scratch again and again. It seems like he is naturally not made for driving. He was once near bumping the car into divider

Before taking the vehicle to the empty land for practice, we have to encounter the most difficult roads and situations where there is high chance of bumping our vehicle. Taking out vehicle from housing society and parking while returning is the most difficult thing. We don't want to spend so much money on driving instructor.

I guess that driving lessons were not good, I recommend you to go again but this time Maruti or Toyota driving school. It may be costly but will surely boost your confidence while driving.

I had same issue, I took driving classes from local driving school. But had similar issues and started thinking that I'm not made for driving. Then shared the frustration with friends and they suggested for Maruti driving school which consists of simulation classes first and then driving classes on road.

Try this for sure.

I guess that driving lessons were not good, I recommend you to go again but this time Maruti or Toyota driving school. It may be costly but will surely boost your confidence while driving.

I had same issue, I took driving classes from local driving school. But had similar issues and started thinking that I'm not made for driving. Then shared the frustration with friends and they suggested for Maruti driving school which consists of simulation classes first and then driving classes on road.

Try this for sure.
Sorry, I am not financially well off. We have less budget in our bank as we have saved most of the money for buying a plot. We want to save income. The instructor took 4,000 rupees for 10 days. Before purchasing car, my brother did not touch any car for several months after learning from him.

We purchased car because we also have a dog and also we don't want to face difficulty of accessing public transport.

Just hire a driver whenever u go outside and pay for that that time/duration...
No hikup no trouble of public transport...

Just hire a driver whenever u go outside and pay for that that time/duration...
No hikup no trouble of public transport...
If I travel to another city along with my dog, will the driver have any trouble with it?

If I ever hire a driver, I won't call him up so frequently.

Sorry, I am not financially well off. We have less budget in our bank as we have saved most of the money for buying a plot. We want to save income. The instructor took 4,000 rupees for 10 days. Before purchasing car, my brother did not touch any car for several months after learning from him.

We purchased car because we also have a dog and also we don't want to face difficulty of accessing public transport.
No instructor can teach you driving in 10 days, this is where the problem is.

Save another 5k and then go for driving classes if you want to make use of huge sum spent on car purchase.

As @Mr.Bhat suggested, go for paid driver till then.

This is what I suggested you in your other post.

If I travel to another city along with my dog, will the driver have any trouble with it?

If I ever hire a driver, I won't call him up so frequently.
In our life we have to compromise one way or other to live...

A few things that boosted my confidence:

1. Playing driving video games like Need For Speed, Test Drive Unlimted etc.
2. Travelling in public transport and watching the driver

Cars occupy a huge space. It is difficult for us to take out our vehicle as there are too many barriers around our home. We don't even have a parking space. We have to keep tons of things in our mind to avoid any damage to car. Repairing costs a lot of money. Any problem with car can arise anytime.

Two months ago, we purchased a car. Me (I know driving far less than my brother) and my brother are beginners who don't know how to drive properly. We never drove bike/scooty throughout our life. It is so stressful to learn driving for us.

We practice just twice a month because we are afraid of causing any damage to our car and to those of others. There are no empty huge area around our home where we can practice. Area is too difficult for us to drive around our home. Parking parallely to our home is a nightmare for us. We are still bad at driving because we practice very less frequently. We rarely take out out vehicle because of fear and trouble.

Another point is car damage. Our car's all power windows are not working since mid september. Damage and repairing costs a lot of money. I don't know how much careful should we become about our car. Our mental health was great before purchasing a car. We bought a car cuz we have a dog.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock