Good News Got a Galaxy Z Flip 4

Sparker0i

Contributor
Reaction score
This one is a US edition phone. It’s basically my brother’s last year’s phone as he has gone for the newer Fold 5 this year. He has handed this phone down to me
AW2uCw6.jpg

I’m not sure if I’ll use this as a primary because I already have my iPhone 13 Pro Max, which is already entrenched too deep in the Apple Ecosystem along with my Apple Watch, AirPods Max, office MacBook and an incoming iPad in the next few months.

Initial experience has been okayish. Phone is heating up a lot during charging, maybe because I have a US charger, gotta see over next few days how it goes.

The phone is actually very comfortable to hold. Has almost the same width as the Mi4i, my first Android phone after ages of using Windows phones in 2015.
kYt3OeK.jpg

EYS8I7G.jpg

Initial impressions:

Battery: Not even 3 hours SoT (despite AoD turned off), can't even think of gaming on this one.
Camera: Lesser quality than my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Also no camera on the folded screen, that sucks a lot..
Hinge: Not so smooth to fold and unfold. Z Fold 5 hinge is on another level comparison to this.

More importantly, no SIM manager so I can't add an eSIM on this phone :(

Finally got Android 14 with OneUi 6.0 on this one.
I had to change the CSC using SamFW tool from XAA (Unbranded) to USC in order to receive updates.

My phone model was SM-F721U and that model didn’t have any firmwares available for XAA. Only SM-F721U1 had it. So had to change the CSC.

I was also finally able to get things that I couldn’t previously see before like SIM manager and eSIM.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock