Discussion #Censor_Web_Series is trending on Twitter

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 3,829
Won't let society's mind to be corrupted with absurdity.

You want next generation to be uncultured? Using bad language, disrespecting hindu religion and objectifying women.

Our country has culture unlike other countries who would allow everything. Guess what? Those countries are made by immigrants with no heritage.
Who assigned you with that. If you are a control freak then control your family. We are good on our own.
And also no culture is good or bad, its us who name them to be.
N one thing have you ever listened of Kamasutra?

I see where you are coming from.
See i would love to watch mohammad as much as uncensored web series. About hinduphobia it's real but u are just taking tge freedom of expression from every f*ck*ng creative. You do understand it's entertainment, right?

No one should hurt others sentiments but if you will be so soft that you get hurt by everything that what can we do? Listen when in PK that whole Mahadev Shiva ( i m His ardent follower) scene happened, i didn't liked it but i still laughed it off, you know why bcz our gods taught us to be tolerant. I don't know how much u know but many gods were insulted (not made fun of but insulted) even in vedic times but they used to laugh it off, bcz that what their principles must have been. The whole problem with us is politicisation which we do. I m not justifying insulting of gods but a little fun is of no harm. I belong to a brahmin family n my parents are regular mandir visitors, but still we are sometime like Krishna is so Clever n him having multiple gopis n Mahadevas Bhang related jokes bcz hey we are human. N same way we sometime joke about others ideologies. But yeah it's too much in bollywood and that needs to be called out but still this censoring thing is BS.

Also, you have a problem with a kissing scene but not with a girl ( wife\daughter-in-law) being beaten n mentally tortured which is daily staple for tv audience. So why only censor web series. Kiss is a sign of affection but taunts n tarnishing image is not.
I never objected kissing scenes. I don't have problem with kissing scene. But I do have problem with bad language and n*d*ty. I watched PK. I didn't find anything offensive in that movie.

And this women beating and abusing is wrong. I don't get what kind of shows you are referring. Recently Sun TV faced backlash from government for some graphic scene.
Who assigned you with that. If you are a control freak then control your family. We are good on our own.
And also no culture is good or bad, its us who name them to be.
N one thing have you ever listened of Kamasutra?
And I said this before and saying it now. Kamasutra is not vulgar it doesn't abuses mother and sister with bad language.

For the saviours of filmmakers here. You never visit film festival or watch independent cinema. These things existed way before your beloved OTT. Forget this even OTT existed before this. There were slangs which was limited and filed the plot. n*d*ty was rare which only existed on erotic movies.

Based on your arguments that it's upto viewers choice is corrupt and morally wrong. It's like asking government to legalize drugs as it's for your personal use.

Section 294 of the Indian Penal Code - Wikipedia
Swearing is illegal at public places same shall be also followed while making artwork like movies and music. If you can't follow Indian laws. Feel free to move to some other country and make your content there.
O dear god, like seriously. Well i was waiting for this quit india movement comment, yippee i found it.
Well if you don't like something sometime you try to change that thing about it not the whole damn thing. If your clothes get dirty you wash them , you don't throw them or do you?
If you will not agree with your parents are you gonna leave the house or will discuss n come to a point.
Just asking. Do you use bad language while speaking to your parents and friends?
there is a thing called personal space. I don't masturbate in public, I don't pee in public , I don't piss in public , is that enough?
Also, dude, the problem is not with what kinda content is being consumed but with what are we trying to learn from that and that's where we need to be open.

I never objected kissing scenes. I don't have problem with kissing scene. But I do have problem with bad language and n*d*ty. I watched PK. I didn't find anything offensive in that movie.

And this women beating and abusing is wrong. I don't get what kind of shows you are referring. Recently Sun TV faced backlash from government for some graphic scene.

And I said this before and saying it now. Kamasutra is not vulgar it doesn't abuses mother and sister with bad language.
Well i also don't like mother sister abuses. But you are talking about censoring every kind of abuses which are ok. Also Kamasutra has n*d*ty and its also there on many hindu temples bcz that's very much natural. In India our parents don't talk about s#x with us, so atleast we have series like s#x Education which helps us in understanding so. You should know that main reasons of rape is lack of s#x education.

Well i also don't like mother sister abuses. But you are talking about censoring every kind of abuses which are ok. Also Kamasutra has n*d*ty and its also there on many hindu temples bcz that's very much natural. In India our parents don't talk about s#x with us, so atleast we have series like s#x Education which helps us in understanding so. You should know that main reasons of rape is lack of s#x education.
Here's what I want :

1. Use bad words only when extremely necessary to put the plot forward. Don't show kids using same which was done on some recent webseries.

2. Don't insult any religion. Don't offend anyone be it Hindus, Muslims, Christians Sikhs or any other religion. Keep your personal vendetta away from religion. And this is coming from a pure atheist. You bring negative attention to yourself.

3. Let go off n*d*ty completely. Use other methods instead of n*d*ty and noises etc. There are other ways to show sensuality.

4. LGBTQIA+ is important. Even I fall in that A category. But I don't expect everyone to get me. This is a slow process. If you forcefully shovel everything on everyone's face. You are not sending a good message. Instead driving people away.

Here's what I want :

1. Use bad words only when extremely necessary to put the plot forward. Don't show kids using same which was done on some recent webseries.

2. Don't insult any religion. Don't offend anyone be it Hindus, Muslims, Christians Sikhs or any other religion. Keep your personal vendetta away from religion. And this is coming from a pure atheist. You bring negative attention to yourself.

3. Let go off n*d*ty completely. Use other methods instead of n*d*ty and noises etc. There are other ways to show sensuality.

4. LGBTQIA+ is important. Even I fall in that A category. But I don't expect everyone to get me. This is a slow process. If you forcefully shovel everything on everyone's face. You are not sending a good message. Instead driving people away.
Reminded me of use of parrots and other birds for portraying kissing scenes in Rajshri movies :)

Also,something is always going to upset someone.Take the case of Madhur Bhandarkar's movie Indu Sarkar.Congress guys ransacked the theatres running it without even knowing the content of movie.In reality the movie had nothing that could have offended the Gandhi-Nehru family.But this is india,someone will always be upset.

Here's what I want :

About 1, i agree cuss words should be used like TVF does in their series.
2. Insulting any religion is not at all acceptable . But a comedy around it is not bad as well.
3. n*d*ty is ok , if its important part of plot , n moaning that irritates me to bejesus....
4. Well representation is must , n we need more of that. But cliche n whole cringe around it has to be stopped, only then people will b more understanding to it. Like as of now there is not much decent portrayal of LGBTQ except a few masterpieces.
Off-topic:- Are you out as an Asexual or not? It's completely your choice to answer to this.

Last edited:
Also,something is always going to upset someone.Take the case of Madhur Bhandarkar's movie Indu Sarkar.Congress guys ransacked the theatres running it without even knowing the content of movie.In reality the movie had nothing that could have offended the Gandhi-Nehru family.But this is india,someone will always be upset.
Well there's this saying " if you take everything by heart, then the problem is in your mind"

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock