Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) the state-owned operator is finding it difficult to defend its turf from the growing popularity of the private telecom networks which are rapidly expanding their networks in rural areas and eating into BSNL’s market share. To combat this, BSNL has launched a campaign where it is offering 5GB of free data to subscribers switching to its service from competitor telcos networks and are willing to share it on social media and microblogging platforms.
On Tuesday BSNL took to its Twitter handle to launch this offer and lure potential subscribers to switch to its network. The campaign is valid for a limited duration up to 15th January only. The free 5 GB data will have a validity of 30 days or will take up the validity of the base plan, whichever is earlier.
Steps to avail the offer:
- It is compulsory to share/retweet all of BSNL’s posts related to this campaign on your timeline with #SwitchToBSNL.
- All participants have to follow/like the official BSNL Facebook Page (@bsnlcorporate) and Twitter handle (@BSNLcorporate).
- Benefits are applicable only for those who switch their mobile services through MNP (Mobile Number Portability) from any other service provider.
- Proud customers that port-in to BSNL, are further required to post their reason for switching to BSNL by using hashtags #SwitchToBSNL, tag BSNL and follow BSNL on social media platforms.
- New customers joining the BSNL family need to share a screenshot of tweet/post and send it to BSNL through DM/ Whatsapp (9457086024) with the respective mobile number.
- Decision of BSNL for selection of beneficiary/benefits shall be final.
- No abusive or defamatory content will be accepted.
Do you feel it is worth all this effort to get hold of just 5 GB of data? Let us know your views and opinions through the comments section below.