Apple has released the iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1 stable update with bug fixes, security updates, enhancements, and new features for iPhone and iPad users. The iOS 17.1 and iPad 17.1 update adds the ability for AirDrop to continue transferring files over the internet when the device is moved out of the AirDrop range. Additionally, the update brings enhancements to the Standby and Apple Music.
Apple iOS 17.1 update changelog
- Content continues to transfer over the internet when you step out of AirDrop range
- New options to control when the display turns off (iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max)
- Favourites expanded to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter to display your favorites in the library
- New cover art collection offers designs that change colors to reflect the music in your playlist
- Song suggestions appear at the bottom of every playlist, making it easy to add music that matches the vibe of your playlist
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Option to choose a specific album to use with Photo Shuffle on the Lock Screen
- Home key support for Matter locks
- Improved reliability of Screen Time settings syncing across devices
- Fixes an issue that may cause the Significant Location privacy setting to reset when transferring an Apple Watch or pairing it for the first time
- Resolves an issue where the names of incoming callers may not appear when you are on another call
- Addresses an issue where custom and purchased ringtones may not appear as options for your text tone
- Fixes an issue that may cause the keyboard to be less responsive
- Crash detection optimizations (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
- Fixes an issue that may cause display image persistence
iPadOS 17.1 update
The latest update for iPadOS allows users to continue sharing files via AirDrop even when the devices are out of the range. AirDrop will automatically switch to an internet connection when the devices are moved out of the AirDrop range during the transfer. Furthermore, the iPadOS 17.1 also brings improvements to Apple Music and adds support for Apple Pencil (USB-C) along with other features, bug fixes, and security updates.
Apple iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1 updates are available for compatible iPhone and iPad devices. Users can open the Settings app on their iPhone or iPad and go to the Software Update page to download the update.