- Vodafone Idea partners with banks for prepaid mobile recharge.
- Recharge via SMS launched in partnership with Axis and ICICI Banks.
- Recharge via ATM launched in partnership with HDFC, ICICI, SBI, Axis, Citybank, DCB, IDBI, Standard Chartered Banks.
Vodafone Idea has been taking active steps to ensure that its entire 33 crore subscriber base stays connected during the national lockdown which has been imposed Pan India on account of the COVID-19 pandemic. Earlier we reported how the operator has added massive MIMO network sites in Mumbai to handle the increased demand on the data network. This time the operator has partnered with a group of banks to facilitate recharges through SMS and ATMs to make up for the closure of the Vodafone and Idea stores across the country.
Recharge via SMS:
The recharge via SMS service has been launched for account holders of Axis and ICICI banks. The steps for recharging through SMS are listed below.
- Axis bank account holders need to type MOBILE<space>10 digit mobile number<space>IDEA/VODAFONE<space>Recharge amt<space>Last 6 digits of Axis bank account number and send it to 9717000002 or 5676782 and upon successful recharge He/She will get a confirmatory SMS from the operator.
- ICICI bank account holders need to type MTOPUP<space>Idea/Vodafone<space>10 digit mobile number<space>Recharge amt<space>Last 6 digits of ICICI bank account number and send it to 9222208888 and upon successful recharge He/She will get a confirmatory SMS from the operator.
Recharge via ATM:
The recharge via ATM facility has been launched for account holders of HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI, Axis Bank, Citibank, DCB Bank, IDBI Bank, and Standard chartered bank. The steps for recharging through ATM are listed below.
- Go to the nearest ATM of a partner bank and insert your debit card.
- Click on Mobile recharge option from the menu.
- Enter the prepaid mobile number that you wish to recharge.
- Enter your ATM pin.
- Enter your recharge amount eg. 399 and click on proceed.
- On successful payment, you will see a confirmation on the ATM screen.
- On successful recharge, you will receive a confirmatory SMS from your operator.
Team OnlyTech advises all our readers to stay indoors during the lockdown period and not leave your house unless very necessary. Stay Home Stay Safe.