Discussion Views & Updates about Radio Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a China made fm radio long years ago. It was small size, it could run by two pencil battery or a power adapter. Power adapter was very unique because it could set different voltage for different purposes. And it had very good reception.. But i was a class 5-6 student and stupid to understand it's value. So i opened it because it was making a noise, disassemble its every parts one by one and couldn't fix it again.. Then i broked it.. I still miss that radio. Now Sony have a similar type of radio but don't want to spend Rs1800 just for 10 radio stations. In future may be i can get a music system with inbuilt radio..
I sold and repaired so many of such Adapters
Haveing DC volt range from 3v to 12v 500ma
And for high consumption 1amp adapter.
Senior people may recall the local electrical interference due to Fluorescent Tube Light on MW specially and pain in tuning of Shri Lanka Broadcasting Corp. on 25 meter band SW (hope frequency is correct though we never able to listen on 41 or 49 ? meter band) due to strong interference from China/Russia radio stations specially on 8pm the Binaka Geet Mala time.
Then came FM in Delhi AiR FM where time slots were sold to private players and Times FM was so popular.
Now we have DAB+ radio transmissions (MW/SW) in India but without receivers to catch them.
Naturally except FM both SW MW are dying but with emergence of Internet Radio we can listen all the MW stations on our Smart TV/Computer/Mobile.
The beauty of radio is that it does not stops you from work but enhances your mood.
TV requires full attention so unless you are free you can not enjoy it.

All India Radio channels are now digitally available. Download "News On Air" app. You will get around 200 stations. You can hear your local radio programs anywhere from the world with clarity.
I think digital terrestrial transmission is available in some cities like Bangalore but you will get only local stations.
In Bengaluru the DTT2 service is available on UHF Ch 24 498000 khz/Bandwidth 8mhz
Total 8 Channels are available:
1- Doordarshan (National)
2- DD News
3- DD Sports
4- DD Bharati
5- DD Chandana (Local)
6- Hindi (Radio)
7- Ragam (Classical Music Radio)
8- Kannada (Radio
)

License Fee per year paid to MIB is huge (near about Rs.3 Crore/year.) So for increase Annual Revenue for the Year the Management have no other Choices to increase Ad Slots.

May be this is not correct.. I got some information from this pdf i have found. No date is mentioned.

https://mib.gov.in/sites/default/files/faq_10052013a.pdf

1. License fee will be determined as 4% of Gross Revenue (GR) or 2.5% of bid price for a city whichever is higher.

2. What are the financial competency to apply for grant of FM radio channels?
Ans. The financial eligibility of each applicant company shall be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:-
Minimum Net Worth required as per City Category in each region:

D category Cities and cities
with population upto 1 lakh : Rs. 50 Lakhs.
C category Cities : Rs. 1 Crore.
B category Cities : Rs. 2 Crore. 3
A category Cities : Rs. 3 Crore.
A+ category Cities : Rs. 3 Crore.
All categories of Cities in all regions : Rs. 10 Crore.

In Bengaluru the DTT2 service is available on UHF Ch 24 498000 khz/Bandwidth 8mhz
Total 8 Channels are available:
1- Doordarshan (National)
2- DD News
3- DD Sports
4- DD Bharati
5- DD Chandana (Local)
6- Hindi (Radio)
7- Ragam (Classical Music Radio)
8- Kannada (Radio
)
Is any set top box required to get DTT service?

May be this is not correct.. I got some information from this pdf i have found. No date is mentioned.

https://mib.gov.in/sites/default/files/faq_10052013a.pdf

1. License fee will be determined as 4% of Gross Revenue (GR) or 2.5% of bid price for a city whichever is higher.

2. What are the financial competency to apply for grant of FM radio channels?
Ans. The financial eligibility of each applicant company shall be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:-
Minimum Net Worth required as per City Category in each region:

D category Cities and cities
with population upto 1 lakh : Rs. 50 Lakhs.
C category Cities : Rs. 1 Crore.
B category Cities : Rs. 2 Crore. 3
A category Cities : Rs. 3 Crore.
A+ category Cities : Rs. 3 Crore.
All categories of Cities in all regions : Rs. 10 Crore.

Thanks @Rajat Basak Bhai for the Valuable Inputs. Yes - May be I have understood the Payable Structure of Fees in other way.

After Your inputs I have consulted a Very Close Personnel Mrs. Indrani Chakroborty attached to Radio Mirchi and She had said that the Payment Structure You referred was previously Curated by MIB for 10 years of Granting Phase I Licensee to that Particular Station. Many Compound Accounts are related with this.

Also after expiry of 10 years of License Awarded to that Station - MIB had altered slightly to the Rule and after Amending the Scenario now wef 2016 MIB have added that "The Fixed License Fee payable Per Year will now escalate @15% every Year." Also add 4% Revenue Share per Year of the Asset so accumulated.

And as Kolkata or other Metro Cities FM Stations are Listed on A+ Categories - thus the Payable Annual License Fee is quite Higher than other Cities and Small Town FM Stations.

MIB also not updated their Clauses on or after 2016.

I will be able to write more on these cases after some more Researches from other Stations too in Upcoming Days.
-----------------------------------------------------
●Meanwhile here is the List of Radio Stations available in Mumbai.

Medium Wave (MW) Stations List - Mumbai

01.Mumbai A (Samvaadita Vaahini) - 1044 KHz
02.Mumbai B (Asmita Vaahini) - 558 KHz
03.Mumbai C (Vividh Bharati) - 1188 KHz
04.AIR Marathi - 567 KHz

■ FM Stations List - Mumbai

01.Dyanvaani Community Radio - 90.4 MHz
02.Jaago Mumbai - 90.8 MHz
03.Radio City - 91.1 MHz
04.Radio Nasha - 91.9 MHz
05.Big FM - 92.7 MHz
06.Red FM - 93.5 MHz
07.Radio One - 94.3 MHz
08.Radio Mirchi - 98.3 MHz
09.AIR FM Gold - 100.1 MHz
10.AIR Vividh Bharati - 102.8 MHz
11.Fever FM - 104 MHz
12.Radio ISHQ - 104.8 MHz
13.AIR GyanBaani - 105.6 MHz
14.Magic FM - 106.4 MHz
15.AIR FM Rainbow - 107.1 MHz
16.Must Community Radio - 107.8 MHz

■ ShortWave (SW) Stations - Mumbai

01.Akashvaani Marathi A - 4840 KHz
02.AIR Primary Marathi - 7820 KHz

Last edited:
Is any set top box required to get DTT service?
For all new model TV having Digital Tuner no set top box required, Just plug antenna and tune TV.
Many big cities (16) have DTT DVB-T2 service:
Delhi,
Mumbai,
Kolkata,
Chennai,
Guwahati,
Patna,
Cuttack,
Lucknow,
Jallandhar,
Raipur,
Indore,
Aurangabad,
Bhopal,
Bengaluru and
Ahmedabad.
Some of these location have HD transmission too.
For non DVB-T2 TV sets a STB is required.
Available at Online stores.
These Txr have range of 50-60 km and have no ghost/snow effect
Yes in case of poor signal pixelation may happen.

Fever FM Program Updates
Achievement This Year
BFrCX1v.jpg

New Year Special Show
g3VuLdc.jpg

Fever FM Delhi Special

ln7uES1.jpg

Now Listen Fever Shows on Podcast Any Time Anywhere
VSM9VML.jpg

XTq3Ogq.jpg

Fever FM Kolkata Special
8Lq9Kjy.jpg

Last edited:
Also Mirchi's Sunday Suspense also a good program. I don't know it still broadcast or not.
and Yours Favourite "Sunday Suspense" on Every Sunday 1.oo pm / Sunday 11.oo pm / Next Saturday 4.oo pm.
Sunday Suspense Update
Listen to Best Crime Thrillers & Horror Stories in Bangla
"Mirchi Sunday Suspense"
4U1N51X.jpg

Sunday :- 1 pm / 11 pm ● Next Saturday 4 pm
Only on Mirchi 98.3 FM Kolkata.
Also on YouTube :- Mirchi Bangla

I had a suggestion if possible somebody please create a list of FM/mw/SW frequency with channel name so that we could easily switch to that frequency
Already Kolkata / Chennai & Mumbai Station Lists posted @Ashish_91 Brother. All other Station List will be posted in Upcoming Days. Stay Tuned on this Thread.
------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile Our Very Popular RJ of Bangla Mir is going to create a History on 25th December by Hosting His own Mirchi Show exactly for 12 Hours Non - Stop from 7 am - 7 pm
BCGURDW.jpg

So be part of this History for the First Time on Mirchi 98.3

Our Very Popular RJ of Bangla Mir is going to create a History on 25th December by Hosting His own Mirchi Show exactly for 12 Hours Non - Stop from 7 am - 7 pm
BCGURDW.jpg

So be part of this History for the First Time on Mirchi 98.3
Will this feed available on Mirchi Siliguri 98.3 ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock