Discussion Views & Updates about Radio Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a list for Kolkata's FM Stations.

Friends FM (91.9 MHz)

Big FM (92.7 MHz)

Red FM (93.5 MHz)

Radio One (94.3 MHz)

Radio Mirchi (98.3 MHz)

AIR FM Gold (100.2 MHz)

AIR FM Vividh Bharati (101.8 MHz)

Fever 104 FM (104 MHz)

Radio ISHQ (104.8 MHz)

Aamar FM (106.2 MHz)

AIR FM Rainbow (107 MHz)
Nice effort bro
I know what I had suggested is a difficult task

One more thing i noticed that most fm stations in kolkata broadcast hindi songs. But i prefer bengali song when i listen FM and hindi music on tv only. That's why most of the time i listen FM Rainbow and Aamar FM.
▶ Yes @Rajat Basak Bhai
It's very Wierd for Listeners to Recall RJ talk in Bangla & Songs in Hindi. Actually also it's tough for a particular Radio Station to maintain its Genre only in particular Regional Language in terms of :

•1.Music Library - Unless & Until the Owner or / Licensee holds maximum Rights to create Library Stock for Single Regional Language Songs to Broadcast.

•2.Ad Revenue - Advertisers have to be attracted under TRP Ratings of that particular Station if that Single Particular Genre of Language attracts maximum Listeners.

& that's why it can be observed that in Kolkata mainly All FM Stations Broadcast their Transmission in Bi-Lingual.
Except:- a)Red FM 93.5 (Hindi) b) Radio One 94.3 (Hindi).
Friends FM 91.9 broadcasts in Three Languages of Bangla / Hindi & English. They just cannot afford losing the Business.

▶ As You have said:-
Amaar FM 106.2 also a Bilingual Channel mixed with Shares of Bangla 60% + Hindi 40%.
FM Rainbow also broadcast in both Hindi & Bangla.

I really don't know that. That's too much.. That's why i am loosing interest on FM. It should be reduced to 2 crore per year. We listen FM for RJ talk and Songs. Not for continuous ad
▶ Like of TV Channel - We have to cop up with the Business Perspective also. To Pay their License Fee and to Receive Music Rights FM Station Owners have to rely on Ad Revenue as All FM Channels are Free to Receive. & that's why most of the time I prefer (when I am Free and want to Relax for a while for 1-2 hrs) to tune FM Stations from 12 midnight when they Broadcast absolutely Ad Free till 5 am Morning. The FM Stations used to Broadcast All Music Back to Back uninterruptedly.

Also Mirchi's Sunday Suspense also a good program. I don't know it still broadcast or not.
▶ Actually it can be observed that Nowadays FM Stations are bringing Back the Nostalgia of Telecasting Radio Drama which was asset at one time for MW Akash bani Kendras. So these Drama Series are now on Air and TRP says that Listeners have hugely Accepted these initiatives.

▶ Some List of these Shows:-
1.Drama of Love Stories - Sunday 11 pm - Fever 104 FM
2.Drama of Ghost Stories - Mon/Wed 12 midnight - Friends FM

and Yours Favourite "Sunday Suspense" on Every Sunday 1.oo pm / Sunday 11.oo pm / Next Saturday 4.oo pm.

Friends FM (91.9 MHz)
Big FM (92.7 MHz)
Red FM (93.5 MHz)
Radio One (94.3 MHz)
Radio Mirchi (98.3 MHz)
AIR FM Gold (100.2 MHz)
Fever 104 FM (104 MHz)
Radio ISHQ (104.8 MHz)
Aamar FM (106.2 MHz)
AIR FM Rainbow (107 MHz)
▶ Excellent List Rajat Bhai. And added to Your List these Stations are left. They are mainly Community Radios.They are:-

•SRFTI Radio - 90.4 MHz
•Jadavpur University Radio - 90.8 MHz
•NSHM Y FM - 91.2 MHz

▶ Apart from Present Radio Channels 3 More FM Channels showed their interests to invest & start Transmission but never watch the Day Light. They are :-

•1.Go FM - 90 MHz
•2.Radio Tadka - 95.1 MHz
•3.Mast FM - 97.2 MHz.

▶ One FM Channel from Prasar Bharati started of very Well but later on drops their Port Folio due to Huge Maintenance Cost.
It is:-

•1.Radio GyanBaani - 105.4 MHz.

▶ One Private Broadcaster Shutted their Shop due to Huge Incumbrances and Legal Dispute Matter.
It is:-

•1.Power FM - 107.8 MHz

Last edited:

Friends FM (91.9 MHz)

Big FM (92.7 MHz)

Red FM (93.5 MHz)

Radio One (94.3 MHz)

Radio Mirchi (98.3 MHz)

AIR FM Gold (100.2 MHz)

Fever 104 FM (104 MHz)

Radio ISHQ (104.8 MHz)

Aamar FM (106.2 MHz)

AIR FM Rainbow (107 MHz)
In my experience with overhead moto headphone, Red FM’s audio quality is superb, I can feel every music beats & voice vocals of this station.

Usually when there were no Private Broadcasters for Live Coverage on Sports especially Cricket - it's All India Radio who used to cover Main National & International Cricket Matches with Eminent Panel of Audio Commentators. In those days the Eminent Panel of Commentators really used to Potray the Cricket Match with so much Livelihood that it usually sensed that We were present at the Cricket Ground.

Remembering the Commentary in World Cup Cricket 1983.

Sir Narrottam Puri / VG / Beri Sarbadhikari/Piersen Surita were Legendary Names in Commentary World.

When there are Cricket Matches in Eden Gardens - then the Bengali Commentary also was at Top of its Glory.

Ajay Basu / Pushpen Sarkar / Kamal Bhattacharjee / Manas Ghosh / Premangshu Bose were Voice Legends in Bangla.

Now really missing those Golden AIR days.

Again now in the time of presence of FM Channels in India - All India Radio again started Broadcasting their Cricket Commentary in FM Stations along with MW Stations across India.

Here I am attaching Lists of AIR Stations where all Live Commentary can be Heard.
FM Rainbow List
vOddqXq.jpg

2xBMem5.jpg

YRd997n.jpg

Medium Wave (MW) Channel List
tE5GLZu.jpg

ca8xl0S.jpg

Additional FM Stations List
9xrLVua.jpg

Aylpcek.jpg

Last edited:
Usually when there were no Private Broadcasters for Live Coverage on Sports especially Cricket - it's All India Radio who used to cover Main National & International Cricket Matches with Eminent Panel of Audio Commentators. In those days the Eminent Panel of Commentators really used to Potray the Cricket Match with so much Livelihood that it usually sensed that We were present at the Cricket Ground.

Remembering the Commentary in World Cup Cricket 1983.

Sir Narrottam Puri / VG / Beri Sarbadhikari/Piersen Surita were Legendary Names in Commentary World.

When there are Cricket Matches in Eden Gardens - then the Bengali Commentary also was at Top of its Glory.

Ajay Basu / Pushpen Sarkar / Kamal Bhattacharjee / Manas Ghosh / Premangshu Bose were Voice Legends in Bangla.

Now really missing those Golden AIR days.

Again now in the time of presence of FM Channels in India - All India Radio again started Broadcasting their Cricket Commentary in FM Stations along with MW Stations across India.

Here I am attaching Lists of AIR Stations where all Live Commentary can be Heard.
FM Rainbow List
vOddqXq.jpg

2xBMem5.jpg

YRd997n.jpg

Medium Wave (MW) Channel List
tE5GLZu.jpg

ca8xl0S.jpg

Additional FM Stations List
9xrLVua.jpg

Aylpcek.jpg
Yes those days were so good I first heard radio commentary during windies tour of India 2001 and last one being the first t20 game between Ind and Afghanistan
Now I missed radio commentary as FM frequency is not available in my city and I don't have mw radio device now 😭
Hopefully air start FM frequency in my city like they started vivid Bharti last year sooner than later

Unfortunately, in Chennai, almost all the stations are Tamil. Hyderabad and Bengaluru are 1000x better in this regard as they have plenty of Hindi stations. Radio One 94.3 was rebranded as a Hindi station in 2015, but this April it reverted to being a Tamil station as it was purchased by HT Media.

That means the only Hindi station is Fever 91.9 (also rebranded in 2015), though it sometimes plays Tamil as well. But I preferred Radio One.

There is also an English station, Chennai Live 104.8, as well as two AIR channels (Vividh Bharati 100.5 and FM Gold 102.3) that have classic Hindi film songs.

The Tamil stations are:
  • Radio City 91.1
  • Big 92.7
  • Suryan 93.5 (known as Red FM outside TN)
  • Radio One 94.3
  • Radio Mirchi 98.3
  • AIR FM Rainbow 101.4
  • Hello 106.4 (owned by Dina Thanthi)
Many of the famous radio brands like Ishq FM, My FM and Radio Nasha are obviously absent from Chennai as this is a stereotypically South city as far as radio is concerned. Red FM is absent because the Sun group uses the Red brand outside TN and the Suryan brand in TN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock