Discussion Views & Updates about Radio Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Maveric can you please shorten the thread the name like "and updates on Radio Channels". Because it's not showing completely on forum page. Discussion prefix already there.

Trai urges govt to bring out detailed policy framework for digital radio broadcasting

Stating that audience is increasingly consuming media and information on smartphones, he said it is important that broadcast signal in some mandatory form reaches every smartphone.

We want to have digital radio broadcasting which is important from every perspective... from quality, coverage, utilisation of spectrum. We need to have policy and clear road map to ensure all our policy objectives..

Last edited:
We had this "vaccum tube radio" at my grandfather house where we all lived together as a big joint family. It's not like today's radio, and won't start playing music instantly you turn on. It will take atleast 5 good minutes for the vacuum tubes in the radio to get heated up before it slowly starts the music. Real fun that was.😂😂 We had it until we lived in that house, that is, around 2006/7 and it was flawlessly working for more than 60yrs.😱

It looked something like this in the below picture. I don't know how many of you have even seen this. Probably those who are 30+ might have seen. Pic from Google.

s2h60dv.jpg

We had similar one at my home...

after 107.8 power fm shutdown now another radio station of kolkata 106.2 aamar fm also gone of air/shutdown.
Oh no... It was my 2nd favourite station after FM Rainbow Kolkata. Sometimes I used to connect my old HTC mobile with pc's speaker to listen this station. It had less ads and good bengali songs collection.. :verysad2:

Notified employees ahead of closure, says Aamar FM authorities

Kolkata: "The reason of the closure of this radio station, as stated by the authority indicates to the economical problem, as the employee did not get salary since October 2019, though, they continued their jobs without salary, to save the station. But, without any notice, the authority locked the door on 23rd, January 2020." - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock