Discussion Views & Updates about Radio Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a China made fm radio long years ago. It was small size, it could run by two pencil battery or a power adapter. Power adapter was very unique because it could set different voltage for different purposes. And it had very good reception.. But i was a class 5-6 student and stupid to understand it's value. So i opened it because it was making a noise, disassemble its every parts one by one and couldn't fix it again.. Then i broked it.. I still miss that radio. Now Sony have a similar type of radio but don't want to spend Rs1800 just for 10 radio stations. In future may be i can get a music system with inbuilt radio..
I had a pocket size radio with antenna too!

I was big fan of Radio, but presently it's not possible to listen because I can't carry radio receiver everywhere. I didn't know why do channels are not going digital??? If they start transmitting digitally their viewership will increase, otherwise streaming apps will replace them.

I was big fan of Radio, but presently it's not possible to listen because I can't carry radio receiver everywhere. I didn't know why do channels are not going digital??? If they start transmitting digitally their viewership will increase, otherwise streaming apps will replace them.
All India Radio channels are now digitally available. Download "News On Air" app. You will get around 200 stations. You can hear your local radio programs anywhere from the world with clarity.
I think digital terrestrial transmission is available in some cities like Bangalore but you will get only local stations.

I loved FM channels but missed SW and mw frequency channels like vivid Bharti as they are not available on FM frequency untill few days back till now only vivid Bharti available now
I m not a huge fan of streaming radio through online apps hopefully they in future FM gold FM rainbow will be available in my city 😄

Ohh... Finally the "Radio Discussion Thread" arrived in DDF.
So Many Memories are related with Radio from My Childhood days that it will take very long Post to describe that.
From AIR MW Listening Days to FM Development and now recent Online Radio Apps - Radio literally grown in utmost level.

This ☝Radio Set was gifted by My Mother on My Birthday and still this Radio Set delivers Good Sound and Clarity to listen both AM/FM Radio Stations. The Radio Set runs with both 2 Pencil Batteries & in AC-DC Adapter too.
The Set have both In-Built Speaker as well as Headphone Facilities.

Also nowadays instead of playing Songs from USB Device - I mostly preferred to Listen Various FM Stations on My Home Theatre too.

I had a pocket size radio with antenna too!
Absolutely I have 2 Such Radios in store with Me like You @IamTRoy4 Bhai. And it plays good.

I had a China made fm radio long years ago. It was small size, it could run by two pencil battery or a power adapter. Power adapter was very unique because it could set different voltage for different purposes. And it had very good reception.. But i was a class 5-6 student and stupid to understand it's value. So i opened it because it was making a noise, disassemble its every parts one by one and couldn't fix it again.. Then i broked it.. I still miss that radio. Now Sony have a similar type of radio but don't want to spend Rs1800 just for 10 radio stations. In future may be i can get a music system with inbuilt radio..
i am not regular fm listener but i I really miss Kolkata's radio stations like Aamar FM, Friends FM because i don't have a good pocket sized radio receiver.. Online radio is the future...
In future i will buy a sound system with inbuilt radio..i had a 5 in one, but gave it to someone. Only things is they broadcast too much ads except Aamar FM and Prasar Bharati's station.
Now in Recent Advance Technology days You can Listen to All Private FM Stations within your Mobile instead of other Receiver You mentioned.
Obviously it's not recommended to spent Rs.1800/- just for FM Receiver. If You buy a Good Music Power House Sound System or Home Theatre You will automatically get AM/FM Inbuilt Receiver and enjoy.

Agreed with You @Rajat Basak Bhai that Nowadays FM Stations used to Air too much Ads all day but they have to do that as the License Fee per year paid to MIB is huge (near about Rs.3 Crore/year.) So for increase Annual Revenue for the Year the Management have no other Choices to increase Ad Slots.

And for not complying with this Annual License Fees "Power FM" in Kolkata shutted down their Business way back in 2017.

The notion that Radio is for old people is slowly changing, thanks to advent of if fm and online radio stations. In my childhood days there were only MW radio stations which were available terrestrially. For hindi songs we used to tune in to Binaca Geet Maala from Radio Cylone.
Agreed With You @MAHESWAR Bhai. In those days Radio especially MW Channels blown away the perspective of Entertainment. We really spent quality time with Families by listening Various Radio Programs.
AIR Vividh Bharati was or / is a Gem from Channel lots.

The programe was available every Wednesday presented by Mr. Amir Sayani. He was such a popular person that his programs were made available through Gramaphone records and CDs later on and still available online. In fact we can call him the first RJ.
Slight Correction Bhai.... His Name is Mr. Ameen Sayani.
Indeed He is Our First RJ of Radio & a Legendary Personality.
I have a privilege to meet him Personally in 1986 in Kolkata where He came to attend certain Programs. But My Bad Luck that in those Days no 'Selfie' obsession was there and I have no Snaps with the Master.

We had this "vaccum tube radio" at my grandfather house where we all lived together as a big joint family. It's not like today's radio, and won't start playing music instantly you turn on. It will take atleast 5 good minutes for the vacuum tubes in the radio to get heated up before it slowly starts the music. Real fun that was.😂😂 We had it until we lived in that house, that is, around 2006/7 and it was flawlessly working for more than 60yrs.😱
It looked something like this in the below picture. I don't know how many of you have even seen this. Probably those who are 30+ might have seen.
My Father possessed such type of Radios and I have that privilege to watch the Radio Functioning as you mentioned very closely. Also the Radio Sound used to get interrupted when We put on our Old Ceiling Fan. Really those amazing days.

Really nice to see some real love for radio. We all loved radio at some point of time in our life. But gradually reduced the usage over the time. If you love radio, you will love this: Radio Garden
The point is that, we need to have the intention and take the ownership to post such valuable news instead of waiting for others to post. Not everyone follow every topic. They post what they follow/like. No one gonna stop you sharing such good information. 👍👍
Really Sincere Thanx to @mmadhankumar Anna for :-
1. The link provided for ●Radio Garden app. It's really amazing to listen Various Radio Stations across World.
2. Creating such a Nice Space for sharing Various Information of Radio within.

I will definitely try My level Best to Give Various Informations & Update News regarding AIR FM + AM Stations in Upcoming Days.

Nowadays FM Stations used to Air too much Ads all day but they have to do that as the License Fee per year paid to MIB is huge (near about Rs.3 Crore/year.) So for increase Annual Revenue for the Year the Management have no other Choices to increase Ad Slots.

I really don't know that. That's too much.. That's why i am loosing interest on FM. It should be reduced to 2 crore per year. We listen FM for RJ talk and Songs. Not for continuous ad..
One more thing i noticed that most fm stations in kolkata broadcast hindi songs. But i prefer bengali song when i listen FM and hindi music on tv only. That's why most of the time i listen FM Rainbow and Aamar FM. Also Mirchi's Sunday Suspense also a good program. I don't know it still broadcast or not.

I had a suggestion if possible somebody please create a list of FM/mw/SW frequency with channel name so that we could easily switch to that frequency

I had a suggestion if possible somebody please create a list of FM/mw/SW frequency with channel name so that we could easily switch to that frequency

I have a list for Kolkata's FM Stations.

Friends FM (91.9 MHz)

Big FM (92.7 MHz)

Red FM (93.5 MHz)

Radio One (94.3 MHz)

Radio Mirchi (98.3 MHz)

AIR FM Gold (100.2 MHz)

AIR FM Vividh Bharati (101.8 MHz)

Fever 104 FM (104 MHz)

Radio ISHQ (104.8 MHz)

Aamar FM (106.2 MHz)

AIR FM Rainbow (107 MHz)

Thanks for the correction. I wrongly mentioned the name of Ameen Sayani.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock