Discussion Views & Updates about Radio Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice to see some real love for radio. We all loved radio at some point of time in our life. But gradually reduced the usage over the time. If you love radio, you will love this: Radio Garden
The notion that Radio is for old people is slowly changing, thanks to advent of if fm and online radio stations. In my childhood days there were only MW radio stations which were available terrestrially. For hindi songs we used to tune in to Binaca Geet Maala from Radio Cylone. The programe was available every Wednesday presented by Mr. Amir Sayani. He was such a popular person that his programs were made available through Gramaphone records and CDs later on and still available online. In fact we can call him the first RJ.

FM Radio Channels is the biggest reason i am with DishTV
80% use of my 2 STB is either Vividh Bharti or FM Gold, Urdu Radio Service etc.
In 2014 i purchased LG 32 inches FHD TV believing it has DTT Tuner also claimed by LG too
But just now i came to know that it has DTT 1 capability not used in India
With new TRAI tariff regime this DTT 2 is big savior, No need to activate sports channels for India's T20 and One Day Cricket matches.

In future i will buy a sound system with inbuilt radio..i had a 5 in one, but gave it to someone. Only things is they broadcast too much ads except Aamar FM and Prasar Bharati's station.

Good to see the thread develop, I have been a radio listener for over 3 decades now including BBC world service and SW and MW transmissions.
FM radio in India is growing at 18% a year and many channels hiking ad rates. Now with mobile phones, FM is everywhere even if you don't want it:) so the FM radio base is exploding by the day. But some channels leave a lot to be desired in terms of sound quality and song selection FM is capable of very good sound almost like a CD. Lets hope the stations work on improving the sound,

thank you bro for sharing this i was looking this type of website/app to listen australian radio station because of morning test cricket matches 😘😘

Not only sports, you will be amazed when you find channels of your regional language across the globe. I found many such Tamil radio stations across various countries, which i never knew/heard before. Also it's very fascinating when a channel starts playing instantly wherever you rotate the globe. #respect to the team behind it.

why should ddf not have a sub forum for radio and fm channels. just a thought just like dth you can share quality, programes, feedback etc.

Here's the first step towards your suggestion.

The original thread, which was posted as a suggestion to add a radio section, took U turn and went into a good discussion about radios. It looked odd to have this discussion under the suggestions forum. So, a new general discussion thread is formed here to discuss our love towards radio. However when there's a important news, it can go as a separate thread. Please continue discussion here.

Here's the first step towards your suggestion.

The original thread, which was posted as a suggestion to add a radio section, took U turn and went into a good discussion about radios. It looked odd to have this discussion under the suggestions forum. So, a new general discussion thread is formed here to discuss our love towards radio. However when there's a important news, it can go as a separate thread. Please continue discussion here.
Thanks a lot!!
I've been listening to FM Radio since childhood! My grandfather had a battery powered Radio & cassette player which also came with 2 small tube lights inbuilt. I was a little kid of maybe 3/4 year then, I just loved to play with the big device. The last station (maybe 106 or something) won't connect correctly so I used to force scroll to listen that FM station.

Really missing those good'ol days…

We had this "vaccum tube radio" at my grandfather house where we all lived together as a big joint family. It's not like today's radio, and won't start playing music instantly you turn on. It will take atleast 5 good minutes for the vacuum tubes in the radio to get heated up before it slowly starts the music. Real fun that was.😂😂 We had it until we lived in that house, that is, around 2006/7 and it was flawlessly working for more than 60yrs.😱

It looked something like this in the below picture. I don't know how many of you have even seen this. Probably those who are 30+ might have seen. Pic from Google.

s2h60dv.jpg

We had this "vaccum tube radio" at my grandfather house where we all lived together as a big joint family. It's not like today's radio, and won't start playing music instantly you turn on. It will take atleast 5 good minutes for the vacuum tubes in the radio to get heated up before it slowly starts the music. Real fun that was.😂😂 We had it until we lived in that house, that is, around 2006/7 and it was flawlessly working for more than 60yrs.😱

It looked something like this in the below picture. I don't know how many of you have even seen this. Probably those who are 30+ might have seen. Pic from Google.

s2h60dv.jpg
Yes, I have seen that vaccum radio in my childhood. My father purchased one. Then, radio sets with a big external battery (bigger than the picture below) arrived. After that portable transistors and pocket radios ruled the market.
There was no FM transmission those days. Only MW and SW bands were available. Popular brands those days were Murphy, Bush and ofcourse Philips.
Source

Yes, I have seen that vaccum radio in my childhood. My father purchased one. Then, radio sets with a big external battery (bigger than the picture below) arrived. After that portable transistors and pocket radios ruled the market.
There was no FM transmission those days. Only MW and SW bands were available. Popular brands those days were Murphy, Bush and ofcourse Philips.
Source
Yes, This and similar 9 volt battery.
The BW Valve TV were quite common up to 1987 when i entered in consumer electronics service industry. The last survived was CRT.
Solid State TV were becoming popular due to well known reasons.
I too had one Valve Radio set_Converted from Battery to AC when we got power connection at home. Spent lots of money to get it repaired specially faulty valve. Finally we have to say good by but the Cabinet and Speaker_Made in England_served again for many years as sound box for may HMV Tenor Cassette Player.
We i got my First FM radio_Philips HiFi International_ i remember how a sudden change in summer weather used to make FM radio so alive with China & other East Asian country Radio Station for some hours only.
Gradually some Indian FM stations became operational and to catch them TV antenna with booster was must.
Then came Nepali FM broadcast which now ruling entire North Bihar with very strong FM signals, India even today is far behind from Nepal in Radio density specially in Bihar.
Though PB is setting up some Border 10kw FM Txr at Narkatiaganj, Sitamarhi & Bathnaha(Sitamarhi), and some more are in planning.

I had a China made fm radio long years ago. It was small size, it could run by two pencil battery or a power adapter. Power adapter was very unique because it could set different voltage for different purposes. And it had very good reception.. But i was a class 5-6 student and stupid to understand it's value. So i opened it because it was making a noise, disassemble its every parts one by one and couldn't fix it again.. Then i broked it.. I still miss that radio. Now Sony have a similar type of radio but don't want to spend Rs1800 just for 10 radio stations. In future may be i can get a music system with inbuilt radio..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock