Breaking TRAI to consider floor price for Voice & Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
After spoiling dth industry trai s next step to destroy the telecom industry I'm wondering about why so many members in this forum to support the stupid things
Minimum support price needed for telecom services. Bcoz huge investments made than DTH service, otherwise they will bankrupt.

I never supported any floor price but situation is such, there is a need for such initiative else it is almost certain that Vodafone- Idea can get bankrupt and even government revival plans will not save BSNL. The tariffs are ridiculously predatory. Jio's primary motive is to get rid of competition banking on excess cash they have from other RIL business. Now when Modi government realized how much they have started to loose from too much favour to Jio, they have started changing course.

Funnily enough, Airtel pulled the same trick in Sri Lanka and immediately the Sri Lanka Telecom regulator put floor price and in the end, Airtel had to sell it's business there.

I am just hoping TRAI keeps the floor reasonable, not a big mess like DTH NCF.
Jio already used Minimum recharge trick (49 or 98 per month) from inception of billing, but others were not followed the same. Sadly others have still Rs.20 min.rc.for validity.

Jio already used Minimum recharge trick (49 or 98 per month) from inception of billing, but others were not followed the same. Sadly others have still Rs.20 min.rc.for validity.
Again jio offers free incoming calls even without plan. They don't even disconnect sim cards or give our numbers to new users unlike other operators.

I never supported any floor price but situation is such, there is a need for such initiative else it is almost certain that Vodafone- Idea can get bankrupt and even government revival plans will not save BSNL. The tariffs are ridiculously predatory. Jio's primary motive is to get rid of competition banking on excess cash they have from other RIL business. Now when Modi government realized how much they have started to loose from too much favour to Jio, they have started changing course.

Funnily enough, Airtel pulled the same trick in Sri Lanka and immediately the Sri Lanka Telecom regulator put floor price and in the end, Airtel had to sell it's business there.

I am just hoping TRAI keeps the floor reasonable, not a big mess like DTH NCF.
Before JIO ..also Previous govt had lost Million n million of amounts...Bcz of AVOID.. Fine of 92000 crore is The Amount which AVOID never cared to Pay to GOVT..They were making Millions n Million rupees frm "common man" but they never wanted to pay taxes of their revenue to Govt.. N frm last so many years they were not paying that money N that's Why Finally Supreme Court have to take decision to Fine them n asks them to pay huge 92000 crore rupees to GOVT..so its Not bcz of JIO..but AVOID also were just keep on eating million n Millon Of rupees of Both GOVT n Common man in many ways..from last 15 years..

Before JIO ..also Previous govt had lost Million n million of amounts...Bcz of AVOID.. Fine of 92000 crore is The Amount which AVOID never cared to Pay to GOVT..They were making Millions n Million rupees frm "common man" but they never wanted to pay taxes of their revenue to Govt.. N frm last so many years they were not paying that money N that's Why Finally Supreme Court have to take decision to Fine them n asks them to pay huge 92000 crore rupees to GOVT..so its Not bcz of JIO..but AVOID also were just keep on eating million n Millon Of rupees of Both GOVT n Common man in many ways..from last 15 years..
These money was invested by Airtel in Africa and Vodafone in European Countries, but they were unable to expand 3G in pan India on that time and 4G VOLTE now!

First of all, let me make this very clear, the government can only extract half of the amount since the rest of the operators on whom the amount is due are dead. Secondly, the government is worried that they will lose the rest of the amount along side of spectrum dues amounting to more than 1 lac crore if telcos file for bankruptcy. Thirdly, what happened years back must not happen and this is what will happen if predatory pricing of Jio isn't stopped. RIL has huge cash reserves, others don't. Even Jio's picture isn't cozy as it seems. The profits are simply because of accountancy magic.

Balance should be struck. Stuff should not be as expensive as ₹250/GB or cheap as ₹150/28 GB.

First of all, let me make this very clear, the government can only extract half of the amount since the rest of the operators on whom the amount is due are dead. Secondly, the government is worried that they will lose the rest of the amount along side of spectrum dues amounting to more than 1 lac crore if telcos file for bankruptcy. Thirdly, what happened years back must not happen and this is what will happen if predatory pricing of Jio isn't stopped. RIL has huge cash reserves, others don't. Even Jio's picture isn't cozy as it seems. The profits are simply because of accountancy magic.

Balance should be struck. Stuff should not be as expensive as ₹250/GB or cheap as ₹150/28 GB.
Why they transferred their profits to other countries for investment after collecting Rs.250/GB, hiding the actual AGR and avoiding the data network expansion in India?

Last edited:
Again jio offers free incoming calls even without plan. They don't even disconnect sim cards or give our numbers to new users unlike other operators.
Jio provides free incoming calls because it will get them iuc money. They are not deactivating old numbers to show of high subscribers count. Once TRAI scraps iuc jio will also stops giving free incoming calls.

Why they transferred their profits to other countries for investment after collecting Rs.250/GB, hiding the actual AGR and avoiding the data network expansion in India?
What they did is they did. Let's not doom ourselves in future just because we cannot get our past grudge. Remember the days of old RIL CDMA? Well, before 2006, RCOM was under Mukesh Ambani and I don't hold grudge of thousand rupees looted under garb of R-World. I think it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock