Breaking TRAI to consider floor price for Voice & Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gift to those are want/vote this government for 2nd term 🤣😜😠🤬🤬
Why to blame this Govt only? We have using these networks for voice& data for last 20 years or so, which were borrowed from banks with our earned money. In previous govt time, spectrum scam happened and we have paid lot of money for voice calls and data than now!

Why to blame this Govt only? We have using these networks for voice& data for last 20 years or so, which were borrowed from banks with our earned money. In previous govt time, spectrum scam happened and we have paid lot of money for voice calls and data than now!
FYI that time there is not Digital India revolution. We used net only for browsing, YouTube and Whatspp that time. there is not so much OTT platforms or digital banking as of today. Right now it clearly seems that govt is supporting private telecom companies to lure people to digitalization and making them to pay more data.

As it happened on DTHs and cables, Early we used to saw nearly 250 popular channels for just 150 - 200 Rs. After introduction of NCF, same set of channels costed us 400 - 500 Rs. Since rates are increased, whether everyone closed their connection or seeing only FTA channels. Many of them were forced to adopt this high price strategy. Here in Tamil Nadu, many people are paying at least Rs250 minimum for their dth to watch some of their favourite channels. Earlier they paid only 150 Rs. So who created problem whether its TRAI or previous govt. or we people?

Very good decision. But too late. My prediction:

1. No unlimited call. 1 paise/1 sec.
2. 50 paise per sms (160 character)
3. Minimum recharge Rs 50 per month (Talktime or Data)
4. Rs 5 for 1 GB data. That means Rs 150 for 30 GB data. (No per day data cap)

Last edited:
My suggestion recharges per month
Rs 99 unlimited calls to any n/w
Rs 149 UL calls with 1gb per day
Rs 199 UL calls with 2gb per day
Recharges for below Rs 99 should be removed

My suggestions.

1. Scrap TRAI and it's regulations (Really an important suggestions). This government body is least customer friendly body. If it cared about customers it would take individual complaints from customers. Telecom companies gets away with serious violation because of no proper way to reach authorities without causing inconvenience to one. Introduce a seperate body for telecom and dth sector.

2. Remove GST from minimum service recharge (MSR) plan which is ₹10 (for incoming calls and sim retention charges). I understand that our telecom companies needs money to survive. A MSR is a must at the moment for healthy competition in future.

3. Then call rates should be capped at minimum 1p/sec and talktime plans starts with ₹20.

4. Telecom complaints also should be asked to be addressed within 24 hours and resolved within 72 hours or customers shall be compensated on the same.

5. Scrap VAS permanently. Telecom companies have abused VAS way too much with unethical practices. It's time to pay for their sins.

6. Make carriers locked handsets illegal. No more Jio Phones. Customers should have freedom to move to any network as per their convience. Selling locked handset is unethical and is to be illegal.

My suggestions.

1. Scrap TRAI and it's regulations (Really an important suggestions). This government body is least customer friendly body. If it cared about customers it would take individual complaints from customers. Telecom companies gets away with serious violation because of no proper way to reach authorities without causing inconvenience to one. Introduce a seperate body for telecom and dth sector.

2. Remove GST from minimum service recharge (MSR) plan which is ₹10 (for incoming calls and sim retention charges). I understand that our telecom companies needs money to survive. A MSR is a must at the moment for healthy competition in future.

3. Then call rates should be capped at minimum 1p/sec and talktime plans starts with ₹20.

4. Telecom complaints also should be asked to be addressed within 24 hours and resolved within 72 hours or customers shall be compensated on the same.

5. Scrap VAS permanently. Telecom companies have abused VAS way too much with unethical practices. It's time to pay for their sins.

6. Make carriers locked handsets illegal. No more Jio Phones. Customers should have freedom to move to any network as per their convience. Selling locked handset is unethical and is to be illegal.
How to survive these telcos with MSR of Rs10 with lakhs of crores of debt? At least Rs.100 should be charged for ARPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock