Snapchat Memories tool will let you save old snaps

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Snapchat’s commitment to the ephemeral message was … ephemeral. The popular visual messaging service is giving users a new way to save old “snaps” they shared with friends.

The tool, called Memories, lets you save content on the app that was previously ephemeral. This includes photos, videos or photo montages called “stories.” You can later scroll through them or send them on to your contacts.

That’s yet another step away from Snapchat’s former fixation on “snaps” that vanish. While it was already possible to save snaps to your phone’s camera roll, Memories lets users save them privately within the Snapchat app.

The update will become available to Snapchat users over the next month or so. To find the Memories tool, open Snapchat and swipe up from your camera screen.
In a blog post Snpachat describes how the feature will work. Users will be able to send “Snaps from Memories” to their friends, and also post them to their story.

“If you post a Snap you took more than a day ago to your Story, it will appear with a frame around it so that everyone knows it’s from the past,” notes the blog.
Snaps can also be set to “My Eyes Only” option so that a user’s friend don’t end up seeing their Snaps.

Also “Memories is backed up by Snapchat.” The company notes, “We won’t backup any photos or videos from your Camera Roll, unless you use one to make a new Story or add it to My Eyes Only. In that case, we’ll back up only the photo or video that you used.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/te...-will-let-you-save-old-snaps-stories-2898546/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock