Seeking Help Should I buy a smartphone now or later?

Dr Saurabh

Reaction score
Hi friends,
Right now I am using Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max. which I have been using for a year. For the last one year I have not found any reason to continue using iPhone. I had to make a lot of compromises in my iPhone's settings to save battery, beacause if I didn't do this, my phone's battery would not last more than half a day. The biggest example is that charge the battery of Apple iPhone only up to 80%, otherwise the maximum capacity percentage of your battery starts coming down very fast. 2nd example The heating issue of iPhone continued throughout the year. It was always promised that this problem will not happen in the next update, but the problem of heating issue never ended. There are more such problems which I can list. I don't understand why after spending so much money I have to make so many compromises. I bought this phone last year for Rs 180000 but still I feel like my money was wasted.

But now I want to buy a new phone that too Android phone so please suggest me should I buy Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra now or should I wait for Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. Which is going to be launched in January 2024. For which I am ready to wait. I don't want to be in a hurry to change the phone.
Thank You.

May be you could have gone with the non pro models of the iPhone.

From your above post it can be seen that you are having issues specific to the iPhone 14 pro max and not iOS itself.

You could try to go with non pro models as they do not have any heating issues

If you’re having problems with iOS altogether then I guess going with android is better but again pls research on battery issues and software updates of Samsung.

S22 Ultra is great phone, one of my friend is using and have never complained of any battery or heating related issues.

Samsung's OneUi is one of the best Android experience one can have, I loved the Dex feature where you can connect your phone to your home laptop setup and use big screen, keyboard and mouse for office work, Dex converts your phone to Chromebook on monitor.

Many iPhone users use it for calling, texting, UPI, etc small purpose only. They always have Android at home for other purposes which help in saving battery live.

Many iPhone users use it for calling, texting, UPI, etc small purpose only. They always have Android at home for other purposes which help in saving battery live.
If it's for small purposes only then why spend all that money on an iPhone? That Android which they have at home can also accomplish these small tasks and use cases.

You can buy S23 Ultra from offline stores if you are getting a good deal. Don't buy from online. Before the sale, it was available at around 95k with discounts. But during the sale it is available at 1.05L will all discounts. On Twitter, many people are claiming there are multiple offers on S23 Ultra in offline market, bringing the price down below 80k.
Otherwise, you can wait for S24 Ultra. Even if you don't like the price, then you can get S23 Ultra, because it will get a price cut after launch of the new model.

Previously I used iphone 12. But after 2 year I realised that there are so many compromises for a office worker in iphone. So this year in August 2023 I shifted to Android. I bought Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and trust me it's far better than iphone 15 pro max. Recently my friend bought iphone 15 pro max but I can say easily my galaxy is far better than his iphone. Battery is more powerful in ultra and camera is next level. Only slight difference in video shooting. Iphone is slightly better in videography but in photo shoot ultra is superb even in zoom capture. One UI is amazing you will find all usefull features in One UI. Default call recording without announcement is just like extra cheese on pizza 😍😍 . No heating issue in Ultra at all.

May be you could have gone with the non pro models of the iPhone.

From your above post it can be seen that you are having issues specific to the iPhone 14 pro max and not iOS itself.

You could try to go with non pro models as they do not have any heating issues

If you’re having problems with iOS altogether then I guess going with android is better but again pls research on battery issues and software updates of Samsung.
Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not interested in the non pro model so I bought the pro model. I have used the S23 Ultra for a few days, it feels better than my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

S22 Ultra is great phone, one of my friend is using and have never complained of any battery or heating related issues.

Samsung's OneUi is one of the best Android experience one can have, I loved the Dex feature where you can connect your phone to your home laptop setup and use big screen, keyboard and mouse for office work, Dex converts your phone to Chromebook on monitor.

Thanks for your suggestion. I love Dex feature and have used this feature many times on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and it runs very smooth.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock