Seeking Help Regarding Recycled Sim and Whatsapp

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
One of my Number recently got recycled and using by a new person but The whatsapp I still use, registered using that number.
Is my data safe now?When He/she open whatsapp using that number will my message go to him/her.
What should I do now. Should I delete the whatsapp account or moved to my another number using change phone number option. Which is more suitable.
Thanks.

Delete your Whatsapp account.

Move it your new no., If you need any of your existing WhatsApp groups.
If I move to new number , What will happen if any of my contact send msg to that number, Will that sent to him/her if he/she open whatsapp using that number

It’s illegal to use WhatsApp on a number that is not registered in your name. If it has been recycled then the onus is on the earlier person whose name the number was earlier registered to immediately deactivate the WhatsApp account

If I move to new number , What will happen if any of my contact send msg to that number, Will that sent to him/her if he/she open whatsapp using that number
Yes, It's not your no. Anymore! He/She will obviously receive msgs.

You need to inform your contacts not to ping on your old no. There is no other way around.

Go to settings... account.. use change number option... That's it...your existing WhatsApp migrated to new number.... WhatsApp itself inform to all your contacts about you have changed the number.

Go to settings... account.. use change number option... That's it...your existing WhatsApp migrated to new number.... WhatsApp itself inform to all your contacts about you have changed the number.
Change number option will do the job or deactivation of account is best solution ?

Change number option is the better choice... It will do the job..

Confirmation from WhatsApp itself..

s1o49PF.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock