Is 64GB smartphone enough for watching YouTube and using social media?

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 991

hike

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey friends
My aunt is using JioPhone for many years she love to watch YouTube on it. I'm planning to bring her a smartphone.
Her basic usage would be WhatsApp, YouTube, Insta and Facebook. Is a 64GB smartphone would be enough for her or I must go for 128GB.
Also, what about RAM 3, 4, 6 GB which one should I choose? Any suggestions from your end?

Rs 6000/- POCO C51 - Locked with Airtel Prepaid (Power Black, 64 GB) on Flipkart

Rs 6499/- Take a look at this POCO C51 (Royal Blue, 64 GB) on Flipkart

128GB is minimum even for basic use. As nowadays apps use much more space. Of that 128GB only around 110GB is usable. And it won't take much time to fill that up. I spent an entire day last week clearing cache and cleaning up data of apps. But still I am unable to bring the utilized amount below 75GB. This much amount of data is utilized by the apps itself, even though I have moved many apps to SD Card. And I have no personal data stored in the Internal Storage. All my camera photos, data from WhatsApp, Music, etc are stored on my SD Card. Still I am unable to reduce the storage used on my phone's internal storage.

Rs 6000/- POCO C51 - Locked with Airtel Prepaid (Power Black, 64 GB) on Flipkart

Rs 6499/- Take a look at this POCO C51 (Royal Blue, 64 GB) on Flipkart
Don't. It has stock android which will get worser by time. Atleast on MIUI you cab disable useless system apps like Google, Chrome etc.

I think it's best to pay subscription for increased cloud storage. Be it 64 GB or 128 GB. One day or another you will run out of storage. You might lose access to your data if your phone or hard drive goes bad. It's safe to back-up everything on cloud.

64GB is more than enough if she won't take many pics. My mom and dad both have a 64GB Xiaomi and Poco phone with all auto updates turned off. They mainly use it for YT, WhatsApp and JioTV. Don't take Airtel locked phone. My mom's phone is on Airtel for over 12 years and it's the worst network.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock