Sad News Odisha train accident: Coromandel Express derails

• Thread starter Jr MGR
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 8,805
There are 4 lines at that place. Two goods trains were at the two loop lines in up/down side. Coromondal was given signal up main line, but it actually went on the loop line and ran over the goods trains and derailed. The derailed coaches hit the last two coaches of the train from Bangalore in opposite side and the other goods train.

This was due to problem in signal/interlocking system. Either the station master has given the wrong signal/ track to Coromondal or the Railway signal/communication system has not worked at that time. The SM has also absconded. So it is a complete negligence in the part of Railway.
Yes bro right on the point. I dont know technically but after giving the signal which is possibly green the train went on the loop line means somewhere the diversion happened on the loop line either due to some human error or fault means the first issue there. The second issue after the first accident happened the next signal on the other line still was green to pass and then the other mishap happened in minutes. So in such cases there are no signals to control room that a mishap has occurred and other trains should be stopped behind to prevent further damage. Its very dangerous and the mechanisms should be such that we have done everything on our side but at the ground it is not activated executed or faulted . I may be completely wrong on this but from a simple understanding if there are man and machine interventions both should do their job 100 % correct to get it right.

Last edited:
_129988701_odisha_train_schematic_v4-nc_2x640-nc.png.webp

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock