Sad News Odisha train accident: Coromandel Express derails

• Thread starter Jr MGR
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 8,805
Vanity Project gets more priority over safety, period.
Well for some it may be vanity project and for other it might not be.My great leader Lalu Prasad used to think that tarred roads are a thing for rich,poor travel by bullock carts and don’t need roads.Anyway as I said this Kavach installation on all trains and on all lines should be a priority but waking up one day enlightened and pretending that this should have been done in 1 day or month is nonsense.

There are 4 lines at that place. Two goods trains were at the two loop lines in up/down side. Coromondal was given signal up main line, but it actually went on the loop line and ran over the goods trains and derailed. The derailed coaches hit the last two coaches of the train from Bangalore in opposite side and the other goods train.

This was due to problem in signal/interlocking system. Either the station master has given the wrong signal/ track to Coromondal or the Railway signal/communication system has not worked at that time. The SM has also absconded. So it is a complete negligence in the part of Railway.

After vande bharat exp ( puri / orissa)
Now this.
something happen in trains specially puri location trains

Saying about below incident
Just gap of one month 2 incident near orissa location

But the location is on Howarh-Chennai mainline and hundreds of passengers passed through the route daily. You can't do anything when there is problem inside the train itself I.e the engine failure and the doors didn't open and an electric Loco pull it to Howarh

One thing is for sure politicans failed us. Instead of aggressively expanding Kawach System to ensure safety of people. They are giving priority to expensive trains which are way above common person's reach.
I agree brother 100 %.There are think tanks and policy makers and now justifications are coming thats its not due to Kawach sad to say so we are saying that accident should happen which should be because of Kawach then we will take it up. What are the timelines. We are a independent nation from 1947. Accidents happened minor and major ones from then . Why they happened. What were the issues. if all the recommendations they never happen again were implemented . Kawach came from 2010-2011 . What are the priorties then listed down for common man who is suffering for no fault of theres. Good things were done when in times of Shri Piyush Goyalji all the level crossings were closed and guarded down with scope of nil accidents .It can be done but the will should be there with proper priorities .

Last edited:
Social media is flooded with post over how Indian Railways is big. So it's difficult to micromanage and prevent mishaps. Dude, China has a similar population and a big railway networks than us. How often do you hear about train derailment there?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock