Sad News Odisha train accident: Coromandel Express derails

• Thread starter Jr MGR
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 8,474
Question is about visibility of Duronto Express. I get it first two trains might collide. How come the third one didn't see the derailed coaches and crashed?
Apparently the Bangalore bound train derailed and its bogies were hit by Coromandal express coming from opposite direction on a parallel track which then hit a stationary goods train.With TCAS installed it is almost impossible for a headon Collison of the trains.This might have happened instantaneously because TCAS automatically stops/slows down the trains when another train is detected on same line.

Question is about visibility of Duronto Express. I get it first two trains might collide. How come the third one didn't see the derailed coaches and crashed?
Yes after saw abp ananda re creation of accident
2nd train driver should be taken into custody if he is not died

If in a road a driver saw dog or cat he press brake i mean how 2nd train driver not saw ahead of his driving train 2 boggy out of line was he sleeping or high in something or depressed high level enquiry need of an hour if he press brake 2nd collusion maybe avoidable which decrease death nunber or even no death also can happen

Yes after saw abp ananda re creation of accident
2nd train driver should be taken into custody if he is not died

If in a road a driver saw dog or cat he press brake i mean how 2nd train driver not saw ahead of his driving train 2 boggy out of line was he sleeping or high in something or depressed high level enquiry need of an hour if he press brake 2nd collusion maybe avoidable which decrease death nunber or even no death also can happen
I don't think he will deliberately do it unless he has death wish.

I don't think he will deliberately do it unless he has death wish.
Then he should test his eyes before drive train train have light's how can he not able to see whats was ahead of him it's not a small item which he overlooked

Apparently the Bangalore bound train derailed and its bogies were hit by Coromandal express coming from opposite direction on a parallel track which then hit a stationary goods train.With TCAS installed it is almost impossible for a headon Collison of the trains.This might have happened instantaneously because TCAS automatically stops/slows down the trains when another train is detected on same line.
As it turns out the Kavach system(TCAS) was not installed on this route.

Then he should test his eyes before drive train train have light's how can he not able to see whats was ahead of him it's not a small item which he overlooked
Bro This was a superfast express( Yeshwantpur Howrah) with no halts and at a very high speed and driver generally sees the green signal from at least far distance( Needs to check) to pass 2 signals. Apparently it looks a signal failure which needs to be find out by the committee what ultimately caused this . It was night time at 650 PM. We cannot blame the driver entirely and it is collective failure of the system where the fail safe mechanisms had to be thoroughly work if there is no manual intervention and the monitoring has to be full proof.The first accident happened( coromndel derailing or hitting a goods train) and then the next one( Yeshwantpur Howrah)) came and collided within minutes as there was no system to alert in between a accident has happened I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock