Sad News Odisha train accident: Coromandel Express derails

• Thread starter Jr MGR
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 8,474
Apparently the Bangalore bound train derailed and its bogies were hit by Coromandal express coming from opposite direction on a parallel track which then hit a stationary goods train.With TCAS installed it is almost impossible for a headon Collison of the trains.This might have happened instantaneously because TCAS automatically stops/slows down the trains when another train is detected on same line.
This is wrong coromandel express derailed first after it hit goods train on the loop line and then bangalore train hit the derailed coaches within 1 minute this is clearly the signaling fault coromandel goes to loop line instead of main at 130 kmph and hit goods train

one from my village was on that train, he is alive.He suffered minor injuries.
Initially he was admitted to a local hospital, Now he has been transferred to Kolkata.

A relative of my uncle(mama)has died, he is from west Midnapur

Last edited:
One thing is for sure politicans failed us. Instead of aggressively expanding Kawach System to ensure safety of people. They are giving priority to expensive trains which are way above common person's reach.
It is not that Railways is not upgrading the safety systems however India has such a vast network of Rail lines that it will take a long time to fully implement the system.

This is wrong coromandel express derailed first after it hit goods train on the loop line and then bangalore train hit the derailed coaches within 1 minute this is clearly the signaling fault coromandel goes to loop line instead of main at 130 kmph and hit goods train
Yes even i believe this has happeened.

Goods Trains was stationary in loop line...coromandel express coming in main line might have changed tracks and hit the goods trains.

AT the same time bangalore express comin in opp direction hit the derailed coaches of coromandel express.

I am unsure how both trains were given green signal on the same track and time...some fault in signalling and human error

It is not that Railways is not upgrading the safety systems however India has such a vast network of Rail lines that it will take a long time to fully implement the system.
Vanity Project gets more priority over safety, period.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock