Breaking New Jio Fiber Plans with Truly Unlimited Data & Symmetric Speeds

They will definitely argue that over LAN cable. Are you getting 150 mbps over LAN cable?
In fact, speed near the router over Wi-Fi should be full. Logic of over Wi-Fi it is always lower doesn't hold good anymore. It was valid when Wi-Fi was b/g/n. Even n is capable of 150 mbps.
I'm not even getting 80 Mbps over LAN. Yes, and what is the use of Wifi then, also mobile phones cannot be connected over LAN. We can't connect our laptop with LAN cable all the time.
The person was arguing with me over the phone that you will get dual router only when you recharge with the new gold plan or above. Let's see how it goes when he come to visit.
My point is am I not entitled to get 150 Mbps speed when I paid for it. I will stick to it and fight for it unless they replace it with dual band router. Any of their excuses will not gonna be work this time.

Last edited:
I'm unable to figure out whether my plan is still old one (silver) i.e. 100 Mbps or the new and upgraded one (gold) i.e. 150 Mbps. Is there any way to track this? I'm getting symmetrical DL/UL though

I'm not even getting 80 Mbps over LAN. Yes, and what is the use of Wifi then, also mobile phones cannot be connected over LAN. We can't connect our laptop with LAN cable all the time.
The person was arguing with me over the phone that you will get dual router only when you recharge with the new gold plan or above. Let's see how it goes when he come to visit.
My point is am I not entitled to get 150 Mbps speed when I paid for it. I will stick to it and fight for it unless they replace it with dual band router. Any of their excuses will not gonna be work this time.
I am in the gold plan. 120 to 130mbps possible in 5ghz. When you keep the mobile just next to your router, you may get upto 140mbps.
In 2.4ghz I get only around 70 to 80mbps. If you go to next room, the speed will decrease by half. The router is a joke.

I am planning to get a wifi extender soon.

I am in the gold plan. 120 to 130mbps possible in 5ghz. When you keep the mobile just next to your router, you may get upto 140mbps.
In 2.4ghz I get only around 70 to 80mbps. If you go to next room, the speed will decrease by half. The router is a joke.

It may be a joke, but still there a big difference of speed and range in both the routers. Extenders, repeaters or mesh are completely different and supplimentary options.
Speed variation can happen as per the range over WiFi but it should not be as low as just 20-40% of the plan.
I'm getting lower speeds nearby router than when I go far from it.

Last edited:
I'm unable to figure out whether my plan is still old one (silver) i.e. 100 Mbps or the new and upgraded one (gold) i.e. 150 Mbps. Is there any way to track this? I'm getting symmetrical DL/UL though
As of now, No. It still shows old plan details in the app. Test your speed through LAN. If it goes beyond 100, you will have the answer.

I tested through LAN today morning and got speeds upto 284mpbs up and down.

As of now, No. It still shows old plan details in the app. Test your speed through LAN. If it goes beyond 100, you will have the answer.

I tested through LAN today morning and got speeds upto 284mpbs up and down.
As I said, it's not going beyond 80 Mbps even with LAN connected.

Im getting almost full speed of 150 Mbps both upload and download. Connected with Wifi 5g. 2.4g is worse not even 10 Mbps. 5g that too over wifi No LAN and I'm at the farthest point in my home. I got a single band wifi router. No speed drops I see. Whereas in my phone i get 50Mbps in 2.4g, 5g i guess my phone doesnt support thats why it shows no internet.

dsRsS7Z.jpg

Speed test after reset by them upon visit - 150 Mbps over LAN and 35 Mbps over WiFi.

He said multiple things for not changing the router to dual band.
1. Over WiFi I can't get more than this speed.
My point - Speed should not be less than 80% in any case. Dual band routers are transmitting the optimum speeds as per the plan. Then why should I use this single band router?

2. My plan has not been updated to gold plan yet.
My point - But I'm getting 150 Mbps speed over LAN in front of you. How can you say that my plan has not been upgraded?

3. My old data voucher has not been used up.
My point - This has nothing to do with my old data as I'm upgraded to Gold plan already.

4. Others (new customers) are getting because others has paid for it.
My point - As if I have not paid them anything. It's my right that I should get what I paid for.

5. Constantly telling his TL team that the customer has recharged for the old Silver plan which has not expired yet. So we can't change the router.
My point - I shouted at him that how can he said that im still on old Silver plan, im getting speed of 150 Mbps which clearly indicates that I have been switched to the new Gold plan.

I even talked with his senior (TL team). He said exactly the same words told by this guy, as if the team doesn't care about what the customer is saying.

6. Finally, the guy told me that you must make another complaint after 2-3 days. It will be replaced.
My point - If it will be replaced with another complaint then why can't they replace it right away and right now? Told me that the team only take actions by making repeatative complaints.

That's really unethical way of dealing with their existing customers.

Will try for one more week (2 times) and if not get the dual band router, then I will simply make a request for the disconnection

Last edited:

Jio Fiber Plan: Old Silver Plan

Place: Salem, Tamil Nadu

Modem Model: JC0500

Device: Huawei P30 Pro Mobile

Proximity: While seated right next to the modem

5GHZ Results for OVH Cloud (Singapore) and Airtel Broadband (Chennai) servers:

fNjjkX0.jpg

rQSH4Po.jpg

2.4GHZ Results for the same two servers:

mc9IBBp.jpg

yEONXBI.jpg

Speed test after reset by them upon visit - 150 Mbps over LAN and 35 Mbps over WiFi.

He said multiple things for not changing the router to dual band.
1. Over WiFi I can't get more than this speed.
My point - Speed should not be less than 80% in any case. Dual band routers are transmitting the optimum speeds as per the plan. Then why should I use this single band router?

2. My plan has not been updated to gold plan yet.
My point - But I'm getting 150 Mbps speed over LAN in front of you. How can you say that my plan has not been upgraded?

3. My old data voucher has not been used up.
My point - This has nothing to do with my old data as I'm upgraded to Gold plan already.

4. Others (new customers) are getting because others has paid for it.
My point - As if I have not paid them anything. It's my right that I should get what I paid for.

5. Constantly telling his TL team that the customer has recharged for the old Silver plan which has not expired yet. So we can't change the router.
My point - I shouted at him that how can he said that im still on old Silver plan, im getting speed of 150 Mbps which clearly indicates that I have been switched to the new Gold plan.

I even talked with his senior (TL team). He said exactly the same words told by this guy, as if the team doesn't care about what the customer is saying.

6. Finally, the guy told me that you must make another complaint after 2-3 days. It will be replaced.
My point - If it will be replaced with another complaint then why can't they replace it right away and right now? Told me that the team only take actions by making repeatative complaints.

That's really unethical way of dealing with their existing customers.

Will try for one more week (2 times) and if not get the dual band router, then I will simply make a request for the disconnection
How can i speak with the customer service executive of jio? what is the number i tried both 1800 889 9999 and 198 with both i cant speak with executive

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock