My Jio Fiber's WiFi range is very poor

• Thread starter Thread starter Jagadeesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 8
  • Views Views: Views 234

Jagadeesh

Contributor
Reaction score
My Jio Fiber's WiFi range is very poor. I tried complaining but the solution from Jio is to either move the placement of the router or buy their extender. Earlier I had Airtel and BSNL and never had any WiFi range issues. I switched to Jio during their initial days and already replaced the router once in the first few months because of poor range and signal. It was so bad that their STB was not working. Range improved slightly after replacement but nothing close to the range of Airtel's router. It has been like 3 or 4 years after the replacement now and the range is worse now. During the initial days, the service was better. They would send technicians the same day in most cases. They are not even sending their technicians to look into the issue now. They close the complaints without a visit. Same response from their appellate authority too. Their options are either to change the placement or buy an extender.

Which is the best option?

1. I don't want to buy their extender but thinking of TP-LINK AX10.
2. Change to Airtel Fiber. I am already using their DTH and paying 300+rs every month. Airtel Black might be valuable. But I never had significant downtime with Jio and hence I am hesitant to switch.
3. Does Jio replace routers for customers with issues like these because it looks like their routers have a poor range in general?

My Jio Fiber's WiFi range is very poor. I tried complaining but the solution from Jio is to either move the placement of the router or buy their extender. Earlier I had Airtel and BSNL and never had any WiFi range issues. I switched to Jio during their initial days and already replaced the router once in the first few months because of poor range and signal. It was so bad that their STB was not working. Range improved slightly after replacement but nothing close to the range of Airtel's router. It has been like 3 or 4 years after the replacement now and the range is worse now. During the initial days, the service was better. They would send technicians the same day in most cases. They are not even sending their technicians to look into the issue now. They close the complaints without a visit. Same response from their appellate authority too. Their options are either to change the placement or buy an extender.

2. Change to Airtel Fiber. I am already using their DTH and paying 300+rs every month. Airtel Black might be valuable. But I never had significant downtime with Jio and hence I am hesitant to switch.
3. Does Jio replace routers for customers with issues like these because it looks like their routers have a poor range in general?
@Bapun bro, any suggestions based on your experience.?

Get a new router and connect it with your JioFiber ONT. Once you're done, simply disable Wi-Fi on JioFiber ONT.

If you have no issue other than signal range of Wi-Fi then getting new router is much better option than switching to a different ISP.

And yes, JioFiber ONTs are known to have poor Wi-Fi range.

If you have issues like many here, such browsing speed being slow and Airtel doesn't go down often in your area then Airtel Fiber would be better option. I have not heard great things about Airtel Black though.

Get a new router and connect it with your JioFiber ONT. Once you're done, simply disable Wi-Fi on JioFiber ONT.

If you have no issue other than signal range of Wi-Fi then getting new router is much better option than switching to a different ISP.

And yes, JioFiber ONTs are known to have poor Wi-Fi range.

If you have issues like many here, such browsing speed being slow and Airtel doesn't go down often in your area then Airtel Fiber would be better option. I have not heard great things about Airtel Black though.
We cannot connect in router mode right.? Access Point mode should be fine I guess.?

The first thing we would need to know is your current JioFiber ONT model. If it's already JCOW414, then replacing it with another one may not help because that's the last and latest model Jio has made.

If you want to go for extender, I would suggest going for any TP Link Deco model, whichever fits within your budget. They are very easy to setup and can be extended further as and when needed.

I heard Airtel’s routing is better compared to Jio. And I have been having issues with JioFiber 's IPv6 lately so I am waiting for Airtel Xstream Fiber to arrive in my area (should be very soon) and I will also get a connection and have it as my backup.

While JioFiber's uptime has been top notch, it's routing is not anywhere close to Airtel Fiber.

No, they generally don't. You have to show them any technical fault then only they can. If the assigned technician is friendly, they can do the replacement easily.

And I have been having issues with JioFiber 's IPv6 lately so I am waiting for Airtel Xstream Fiber to arrive in my area (should be very soon) and I will also get a connection and have it as my backup.
I am really confused about their IPv6 now. Does it also work great for you in the morning for sometimes and then in weekends like Sundays and Saturdays?

Right now, IPv6 is just as fast as my local ISP, if not faster. Meanwhile, IPv4 browsing speed seems pretty much the same.

I am really confused about their IPv6 now. Does it also work great for you in the morning for sometimes and then in weekends like Sundays and Saturdays?

Right now, IPv6 is just as fast as my local ISP, if not faster. Meanwhile, IPv4 browsing speed seems pretty much the same.
I am not the right person to confirm the same 🙈 because I have disabled the IPv6 on both my JioFiber ONT & TP Link Deco setup to have a less painful browsing experience. 😬

The first thing we would need to know is your current JioFiber ONT model. If it's already JCOW414, then replacing it with another one may not help because that's the last and latest model Jio has made.

If you want to go for extender, I would suggest going for any TP Link Deco model, whichever fits within your budget. They are very easy to setup and can be extended further as and when needed.

I heard Airtel’s routing is better compared to Jio. And I have been having issues with JioFiber 's IPv6 lately so I am waiting for Airtel Xstream Fiber to arrive in my area (should be very soon) and I will also get a connection and have it as my backup.

While JioFiber's uptime has been top notch, it's routing is not anywhere close to Airtel Fiber.

No, they generally don't. You have to show them any technical fault then only they can. If the assigned technician is friendly, they can do the replacement easily.
It is not JCOW414. But they are not sending a technician for a visit. So replacing is nearly impossible unless I have other problems which will force them to visit.

I am thinking about TP-LINK Deco M4 or TP-LINK AX10. I heard routers as access points are better than extenders but not sure how true it is. Do they have the same range or do routers have a better range.?

Back
Top Bottom