• Thread starter Thread starter Zuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 41
  • Views Views: Views 1,722

Zuke

Reaction score
Hello there! :welcome:

I have been using JioFiber since more than a year now, so thought about writing a review here. I'll be covering multiple sections, so just scroll to the section you are interested in, if you don't want to read everything. Apart from that, please remember that the experience will vary from place to place, city to city and even state to state. And I don't want to reveal my city because I am from a fairly small city, so I don't like to mention the name for privacy reasons.

RailWire sh#t Talk (required):

I was waiting for JioFiber for a long time because my previous ISP, RailWire, was a piece of ****. That used to remain disconnected for hours, sometimes even days and their reactions used to be: "Aap bas 1200rs. deke itna demand kar rahe hain, 50000-70000 rupay dijiye per month, fir deta achchha service" (You're just paying Rs. 1200 and demanding so much. Give me Rs. 50k-70k per month then I'll give good service). Words from their Odisha MSP (I am from Chhattisgarh). Their LCO was good though.

So, getting JioFiber was great for me.

Installation:

It was done fairly quickly, they took a while to install and activate the OTT applications though. They did not believe I could do them. ._.

Internet connected but it was disconnecting randomly. I raised a complaint at around 8 PM. After that, I thought about replugging that green wire connected to the ONT. And guess what? They did not plugged that properly. Internet started working great after that.

They came in the morning. Took a photo that internet is working and left.

Speed:
Initially, I had capped speed. So, I was getting 144 Mbps in 150 Mbps plan. Soon, the cap was removed and started getting 154-157 Mbps in 150 Mbps plan. There were speed issues but I'll mention them somewhere below.

Here it is on 1Gbps plan:

5c071f4f-ccd8-4a12-8439-16e25dfb52c7.png

Upload speed is mostly fast on speed test, but in reality, it is mostly 60-80 Mbps, except Google Drive where it sometimes go beyond 100 Mbps.

Uptime:

This was the main reason I hated my old ISP. Getting disconnected for hours every other day feels bad. JioFiber on the other hand is great. Till now, it has gone literally down only once when it was down in the whole nation. It does not feel bad when everybody else is also suffering, you know. So, I did not mind that.

Apart from that, there have just been slowness and ping issues, but internet was always connected.

Speed & Ping Issues:

With ping issues, I am not talking about routing, I'll mention that below. Now, there have been times when I faced speed and extremely high ping issues. Those were mostly fixed within an hour or so.

There was once speed and ping issue in my city for a few days but it was also happening at certain hours of the day. (To know more, check the review's Support experience)

Routing:

Now this is where JioFiber have been not-so-good. I cannot call it outright bad since it has decent enough ping for gaming, but it is not as good as it should be.

Ping varies a lot. If I connect to Valorant, I can have anywhere between 30-80ms ping, mostly 40ms though. If I reconnect the internet, the ping will change. So, basically, their routing changes all the time. Singapore server goes around 70ms to 110ms, mostly 90ms.

Local ISP here stays around 23ms for Mumbai. 60ms for Singapore. There is rarely any change here.

Browsing Experience:

It is fine, but at times some sites load slowly. Compared to local ISP, it feels slow though. Almost every website open quickly on my local ISP, meanwhile JioFiber randomly struggles on some sites.

Support:

They always come home whenever I raise any complaint. Often, quite fast. However, they are dumb about these things. Don't know what's what. Just know few things like how to do installation. How to change ONT and so on.

As I mentioned above, once there was too much issues in my city. I raised complaint about this and mentioned them a bunch of times on how everyone I know is facing the issues but they just said- no sir, we are not facing issues, we'll come and check once.

They came and I shown them the traceroute during the issues. I felt like I was showing some difficult Math equation to a nursery kid, considering his reaction. After agreeing to my words that the issue cannot be with the ONT, he said- "ONT change kardete hain thik hojayega" (We'll change the ONT and the issue will be fixed). I felt sad because all of my efforts went in vain.

At the end, they replaced my JCOW414 with JCOW404. It was bad router. Also, internet did not connected for 3-5 days (I forgot) and they came everyday, 3-4 times a day. Multiple calls.

At last, they decided to change ONT again. Again with JCOW404. Internet worked at last.

JCOW404 was so bad that I was forced to get my own ONT and use my router. Too much ping spikes and unstable ping even to the ONT. So, not a fan of their employees' knowledge.

At last:

There is no better option here, so I am fine with them. It just works and that's what matters a lot for many. Local ISPs have packet loss issues, so can't use them.

And I am currently facing some issues with the optical signal, so will update about it once I raise complaint and see what they do.

I read full text that you posted.. at the end i came to conclusion that your fate seems to be at fault here.. railwire you got problem, jio fiber again you got so many problems.. pls change your location..

Very nicely written in-depth review. You have covered everything so well. :clap2:

At the end, they replaced my JCOW414 with JCOW404. It was bad router. Also, internet did not connected for 3-5 days (I forgot) and they came everyday, 3-4 times a day. Multiple calls.

At last, they decided to change ONT again. Again with JCOW404. Internet worked at last.

JCOW404 was so bad that I was forced to get my own ONT and use my router. Too much ping spikes and unstable ping even to the ONT. So, not a fan of their employees' knowledge.
This sounds like a scary experience. 🥶 Especially when we know that we can not get the ONT as per our choice and whatever they bring we'll have to accept.

I currently have the same JCOW414 ONT and it works well. The only problem it has is it's green indicator light doesn't work so I can not confirm it's on or off without connecting to the wifi. When there is no internet or a disconnection, the red indicator light blinks fine. I have thought about changing my ONT but I am afraid that they will give another model so I don't bother changing it.

I read full text that you posted.. at the end i came to conclusion that your fate seems to be at fault here.. railwire you got problem, jio fiber again you got so many problems.. pls change your location..
Sadly, can't. Besides that, I live in a pretty good place if I don't consider mobile network and fiber connections. 🤣

Everywhere I heard one problem about Jio Fibre is High ping ....

Why jio has this issue?

This can't be resolved?
Its all myth.. i have three jio fiber connections and believe me there is no problem regarding Ping.. i get 10-12ms ping.. so i mainly stream sports via vpn and play games and never face any problem…i think many create this issue just to show jio fiber in bad light as jio fiber is number 1 fiber service in country..

Its all myth.. i have three jio fiber connections and believe me there is no problem regarding Ping.. i get 10-12ms ping.. so i mainly stream sports via vpn and play games and never face any problem…i think many create this issue just to show jio fiber in bad light as jio fiber is number 1 fiber service in country..
It is not a myth. It depends where you're from. Someone who is from a metro or tier 1 city (or close to them) will obviously have better routing than others, since they are mostly connected directly to Mumbai and Chennai.

Others usually are not that lucky.

Browsing experience in Railwire is awesome. With Jio fiber I always switch to mobile data when I'm at my home because Most of the sites I open never load within a few seconds. With Railwire I always get ping in less than 5ms even when I stayed 75 kms away from Chennai. But with Jio fiber to Jio server with 18 kms range I get around 40ms. :) That's Jio fiber.

Airtel 4g mobile data has lesser ping than this:) that's sitting in a closed room in a congested apartment:)

So Jio fiber is very pathetic with respect to ping and browsing. I'm sticking to Jio fiber only for their OTT benefits. Otherwise would have switched to Airtel or ACT long back.

Very nicely written in-depth review. You have covered everything so well. :clap2:

This sounds like a scary experience. 🥶 Especially when we know that we can not get the ONT as per our choice and whatever they bring we'll have to accept.

I currently have the same JCOW414 ONT and it works well. The only problem it has is it's green indicator light doesn't work so I can not confirm it's on or off without connecting to the wifi. When there is no internet or a disconnection, the red indicator light blinks fine. I have thought about changing my ONT but I am afraid that they will give another model so I don't bother changing it.
How do you find the ONT model?

Back
Top Bottom