JioFiber Review: 1+ Year Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Zuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 41
  • Views Views: Views 1,722
Jio Fiber has wider presence than Airtel Xtreme fiber. But sites take time to load. Upload also not symmetric. That's why not opted for it. Only reason to get it is because of OTT apps or Jio TV. Otherwise stay away from it.

ACT available at 1499 for 1Gbps and other local players 1999-2599. Doesn't make sense to opt for Jio. Pings are also high. Airtel pings are better (both on Fiber as well as mobile data) and customer service in urban areas (without LCOs) is top notch (Even better than Vodafone-Idea postpaid service).

Airtel Xtreme fiber has killed iON and Tata Play in my city completely. ION was monopoly till Airtel arrived.

Maybe they have issues in your location. All of their plans are having symmetrical speed.

I have tried all plans from 150 Mbps to 1 Gbps and the speed were symmetrical.
Mumbai(Thane) location. Switched to Airtel and Tata Play, everything has been superb since then. Some prefer local ISPs like Excitel and Mach One which provide 400Mbps at peanuts pricing and 1Gbps at 1499-1999 respectively.

For most plans, it's not. For Airtel, it's symmetrical. I don't know the reason.
Maybe you have used JioFiber long ago when they had no symmetrical upload speed. Since year 2020 they are providing symmetrical upload speed on optical fiber all over India, even in smaller cities.

Check this thread for confirmation:

Maybe you have used JioFiber long ago when they had no symmetrical upload speed. Since year 2020 they are providing symmetrical upload speed on optical fiber all over India, even in smaller cities.

Check this thread for confirmation:

I used in lockdown and an year after. I used 100,300, 1000Mbps plans. Speeds were not symmetric.

Its all myth.. i have three jio fiber connections and believe me there is no problem regarding Ping.. i get 10-12ms ping.. so i mainly stream sports via vpn and play games and never face any problem…i think many create this issue just to show jio fiber in bad light as jio fiber is number 1 fiber service in country..
It's not a myth at all—you’ll only come to realize this once you use Airtel Xstream Fiber or any other wired fiber broadband service that has better routing than Jio Fiber. Getting 10-12 ms ping doesn’t necessarily mean your connection is good, as the ping is often calculated to the nearest server, which is usually the ISP’s own server. The issue I have with Jio is the inconsistent ping; I don’t know what’s wrong with their network. Websites seem to load slowly, and you can feel a 2-3 ms lag or even more on some sites. In some cases, websites don’t load at all. In comparison, Airtel Xstream Fiber is super smooth, with no issues at all—everything loads almost instantly. However, for me, Airtel isn’t as reliable as Jio in terms of uptime, but when it is working, it’s really good.

Back
Top Bottom