JioFiber Review: 1+ Year Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Zuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 41
  • Views Views: Views 1,724
@thisisjagan Routing was really complicated with RailWire here but the worst thing was it used to have downtimes often due to cable cuts in railway lines. Browsing experience is surely not the best in JioFiber.

@thisisjagan Routing was really complicated with RailWire here but the worst thing was it used to have downtimes often due to cable cuts in railway lines. Browsing experience is surely not the best in JioFiber.
Agree. It all depends on your LCO. my LCO asked me to buy the optical fibre to ethernet optical router myself when it stopped working. LCO is the key. My brother on the other hand is reluctant to move away from Railwire to Act and Jio fiber though they're available as his LCO is very good.

See the back of your ONT or check after logging in 192.168.29.1
Another easy way to locate ONT model is by logging into the MyJio app, navigating to Fiber account section and click on My device. Under device details, firmware version section shows the ONT model details along with firmware version number.

Agree. It all depends on your LCO. my LCO asked me to buy the optical fibre to ethernet optical router myself when it stopped working. LCO is the key. My brother on the other hand is reluctant to move away from Railwire to Act and Jio fiber though they're available as his LCO is very good.
Not LCO issue here. The problem is... there is too much remote areas between them and my city. So, if any cable cut happens in those places, RailWire team has to struggle a lot and they don't work after 8-9 PM, so if anything happens at like 6-7 PM, we can be assured that there is low chances for it coming back.

LCO was quite nice. Always got local cable cuts fixed as soon as possible. And he also knew how to talk, unlike their MSP.

RailWire's ping to Mumbai is like 43-60ms where I live. If I ignore the times they had Mumbai gateway when I enjoyed 22-23ms.

Another easy way to locate ONT model is by logging into the MyJio app, navigating to Fiber account section and click on My device. Under device details, firmware version section shows the ONT model details along with firmware version number.
I have SKYWTF1_JCOW407_R2.52.2. Is this a very old model?

Back
Top Bottom