Jio Phone Rs. 1500 with Rs. 49 Plan Review (Please read the terms and conditions carefully)

But one thing is for sure. I'm going to face penalties plus GST even if I use it with Rs. 49 recharge to make calls :(
No I think you r switched to 49 already you will not face penalty n also not get 1500 cash back.

No I think you r switched to 49 already you will not face penalty n also not get 1500 cash back.
As per the below condition, Rs. 49 plan is not enough which effectively gives an annual recharge of Rs. 588.

"The JioPhone is available for continued use on the Recipient purchasing telecom recharge vouchers of an Authorized Carrier (presently Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) from the Company or any of its authorized retailers for use in the JioPhone of a minimum value of Rs. 1,500/- per annum for a period of 3 years from the date of the first issue of the JioPhone."

As per the below condition, Rs. 49 plan is not enough which effectively gives an annual recharge of Rs. 588.

"The JioPhone is available for continued use on the Recipient purchasing telecom recharge vouchers of an Authorized Carrier (presently Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) from the Company or any of its authorized retailers for use in the JioPhone of a minimum value of Rs. 1,500/- per annum for a period of 3 years from the date of the first issue of the JioPhone."
No bro if you want cash back at the end of 24-36 months of use u need to make recharge of 1500 per year else u can recharge it with 49, 153 which ever you want. I've just talk to team jio they ask me this.

@hike Thanks for the verified info bro. So refund is impossible for users like me who wish to use just the basic Rs. 49 plan :p Atleast its a relief from what I thought it to be :)

So the below point is wrong as per gadgetsnow website??

"The company reserves the right to take back your JioPhone.
The company also has the right to ask a customer to return the handset if he/she fails to meet (or disrupts) the terms and conditions.

"The Company has the right to repossess the JioPhone if the Recipient fails to purchase recharge vouchers as per Clause 2(b) above," says the company on its website.

In such cases, the recipient will be liable to pay the 'Early Return Charges'. Once the user pays the same, the company will return the due security deposit."

Last edited:
@hike Thanks for the verified info bro. So refund is impossible for users like me who wish to use just the basic Rs. 49 plan :p Atleast its a relief from what I thought it to be :)

So the below point is wrong as per gadgetsnow website??

"The company reserves the right to take back your JioPhone.
The company also has the right to ask a customer to return the handset if he/she fails to meet (or disrupts) the terms and conditions.

"The Company has the right to repossess the JioPhone if the Recipient fails to purchase recharge vouchers as per Clause 2(b) above," says the company on its website.

In such cases, the recipient will be liable to pay the 'Early Return Charges'. Once the user pays the same, the company will return the due security deposit."
These T&C are for 1500 cash back ppl if you still wants cash back you will get it if you recharge 49/153 with add-on and come across 1500 recharge pa.

Last edited:
These T&C are for 1500 cash back ppl if you still wants cash back you will get it if you recharge 49/153 with add-on and come across 1500 recharge pa.
I personally dont need a cash back but they promoted this by saying as if they are providing this phone at virtually no cost thanks to the refund of the security deposit. Infact the sales person also told the exact same thing without mentioning these hidden policies. So there is a possibility many innocent people would get lured by this. Anyways thanks for ur timely insights bro :)

Last edited:
I bought for my mom's but she isn't comfortable with the screen size and font , small screen size and also the navigation key isn't good ... Earlier was using 2.8 inch Nokia phone , it was excellent specially Screen quality ... Jio screen quality is also poor ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock