OTF Exclusive Jio Fiber Review and Comparison with Airtel Xstream and BSNL FTTH

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
I am using Jio Fiber now for 20+ days, so here is my review of it. I am also going to compare speeds with BSNL FTTH (60 Mbps plan) and my friend’s Airtel Xstream 200 Mbps plan.

Pros:
  • Very Stable Internet I did not face a single downtime, speed, or ping issue. Even in Peak time, I always get speed as per the plan. In fact, I have only switched off the router only once in the last 20 days. Speed test may show less speed as per plan in JIO but in actual downloading and uploading it is always equal to the plan.
BCvbKqo.jpg

y2btJre.png

Here is the comparison at Local and Indian Servers:

JIO

8DrlLwh.png

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

vqm0XQc.png

Airtel

0RgGgoX.png

0OmOGHz.png

BSNL

eg0mctE.png

ilVJskz.png

• Good pings and speed on International servers, which most of the local ISP and BSNL used to lag.
Here is the comparison at International Servers:

JIO

MLPv2WI.png

xOoJALi.png

eMHErNd.png

Airtel

Wrm1pJk.png

jWN5obw.png

U3OPlBO.png

BSNL

9EsmcUh.png
]

YhB2G8M.png

5n9MVzK.png

• Good pings for gaming, too (now this depends on the location as few complained about facing high ping issues on Reddit, but I did not.)
  • Not blocking of many websites (Now again, this is also subjective I have read in Reddit about JIO blocking, but till now, I have seen it is better than BSNL in this as in BSNL mega.nz is also blocked many private and torrent websites are blocked which are unblocked in JIO)
  • Economical Installation charges unlike BSNL and Local ISP charges around 3-5K wherein JIO you need just 1500 for the Internet.
  • Good service, the Installation was very fast the installation guy told me of one day after payment but came within two hours.

Cons:
  • Fully locked router you cannot use it with any other ISP or tweak something more except changing WIFI name and password and extending the range with the router.
  • Once we restart the router, it takes about 3-4 minutes to get a stable Internet fully. With BSNL, it was just 45-60 seconds.
  • Does not give any little extra speed like BSNL or Airtel. It is exactly as per plan.
  • Not available widely as BSNL Bharat Fiber.

Some Noticable Points

• It has private IP4 (Uses CGNAT) and public IPv6 so that it might be a con for a few.
  • 2.4 GHz Range is good, but 5 GHz is only for a single floor with the second floor it just loses its range or speed gets slower than 2.4 GHz.
Please feel free to let me know if I left anything. :wink2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock