Discussion Reliance Jio GigaFiber Rs 2500 ONT Review with Pictures

saravana184

Reaction score
I am based from chennai. I am using Hathway for more than a year. The service, speed et all are excellent in hathway but I need to pay 943rs per month and it is bit costly for me. I was looking for something cheaper and finally, last week I found a leaflet with Jio Giga fiber advertisement with contact number. I called the number and spoke to Jio executive.
From him, I understood that I need to pay a refundable deposit of 2500rs and 1100GB/month internet will be free , until jio launches it officially.
Along with internet, I will get landline connection with local/std outgoing free.( I need to purchase device elsewhere) , until jio launches it officially.
He will install Jio TV app in my smart tv and I can watch all TV channels at free, until jio launches it officially.

Two days back, installation was completed and started using. My initial observation are as follows,

1. 100mbps max speed is claimed by Jio executive, but I get constant 50+mbps speed without fluctuation. Eventhough hathway used to provide constant 150mbps speed without fluctuation, 50 mbps speed is more than enough,

2. HD channels in Jio TV app are as good as in Tatasky HD . But, SD channels are poor with reduced display size but who cares when we have HD channels at free of cost. Clarity and sound quality also good for HD channels.

3. I dont see any difference in viewing experience of streaming apps like netflix, amazon prime etc while using jio fiber internet. The experience is as good as while using hathway internet.

With this Jio , I stopped recharging my hathway and tatasky account.

I expect others to share their opinion :)

I am based from chennai. I am using Hathway for more than a year. The service, speed et all are excellent in hathway but I need to pay 943rs per month and it is bit costly for me. I was looking for something cheaper and finally, last week I found a leaflet with Jio Giga fiber advertisement with contact number. I called the number and spoke to Jio executive.
From him, I understood that I need to pay a refundable deposit of 2500rs and 1100GB/month internet will be free , until jio launches it officially.
Along with internet, I will get landline connection with local/std outgoing free.( I need to purchase device elsewhere) , until jio launches it officially.
He will install Jio TV app in my smart tv and I can watch all TV channels at free, until jio launches it officially.

Two days back, installation was completed and started using. My initial observation are as follows,

1. 100mbps max speed is claimed by Jio executive, but I get constant 50+mbps speed without fluctuation. Eventhough hathway used to provide constant 150mbps speed without fluctuation, 50 mbps speed is more than enough,

2. HD channels in Jio TV app are as good as in Tatasky HD . But, SD channels are poor with reduced display size but who cares when we have HD channels at free of cost. Clarity and sound quality also good for HD channels.

3. I dont see any difference in viewing experience of streaming apps like netflix, amazon prime etc while using jio fiber internet. The experience is as good as while using hathway internet.

Bro, could u plz share JIO fiber contact person number chennai. Thanks.

i too saw posters near bharath university area near to camproad.since its not my area i didnt call or take photo of tat poster...

pls post setup box pic...and some channels pic too...

Bro, could u plz share JIO fiber contact person number chennai. Thanks.

I can share the contact number... where are you located in chennai ? This guy can help you only when you are located in Porur, madhanandhapuram , Mugalivakkam . Or else, no.

Last edited:
pls post setup box pic...and some channels pic too...
Rightnow, I am just sharing the image of Jio Gig fiber box... Rest, I will share this weekend or whenever possible.
hiy2upj.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations. Looks like he installed Jio TV app in your smart TV. If it's newer version of the app we all have, can you share it please? Don't know how to back it from smart TV though

I can share the contact number... where are you located in chennai ? This guy can help you only when you are located in Porur, madhanandhapuram , Mugalivakkam . Or else, no.
Actually jio people will come each and every house and give notices about jio launch then only you can cable to get their connection

Congratulations. Looks like he installed Jio TV app in your smart TV. If it's newer version of the app we all have, can you share it please? Don't know how to back it from smart TV though

I own amazon fire stick and they installed Jio TV in it. I am not a techie and I do not know how to copy and share it here.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock