Jio Phone Rs. 1500 with Rs. 49 Plan Review (Please read the terms and conditions carefully)

Vijay Krish

Reaction score
Jio Phone Unboxing and Review:

As expexted the Jio Phone with exclusive Rs. 49 bundled offer is attractive to all sections. But it depends on the set of people using it for gaining complete satisfaction on spending Rs. 1500 security deposit which can be redeemed after 3 years plus Rs. 49 every month for 3 years for every active member and even incase of inactive customer who registers for Jio service will always add up for the total number of Jio users which increases the customer numbers and brand value statistically atleast temporarily.

The Jio Phone box comes with a Phone, Jio Sim, a charger, some user guides and some Jio stickers. Coming to the main review about the Jio Phone, it has almost all features which is necessary for this generation. Whatsapp isnt available right now but they are trying to add it in the upcoming days, weeks or even months with an update as per the salesman. It is DESIGNED in INDIA and MADE in CHINA.

Eventhough for a recharge just Rs. 49 we would get Unlimited calls, 50 messages and 1 GB 4G internet - post that 64 kbps unlimited data, most people can use it just for making calls and sending messages due to the low screen specification. It also supports casting the Jio Phone to any TV with the Jio Media Cable which I'm yet to test. If that works smoothly the Rs. 153 recharge which provide 1.5 GB data per day will be as valuable for wider range of people.

There is no doubt this phone has all the Jio servies including Jio TV absolutely free of charge. But it is not suitable for a pleasing experience for a person who is into the world of smartphones due to the very average display and the experience of watching Jio Live TV is at best average. That isnt even a con for this mobile simply because it is particularly desingned for first time Internet users to encourage them to adapt to the latest technology. And it is also quite a good buy for older generation people who are not into technology and use a feature phone for making calls only like my mom but the automatic screen lock and a long press * to unlock might not be user friendly for some people.

The overall quality of the phone is about OK for careful soft handling but its a real pain trying to navigate through the navigation keys which either hangs or lags while using specially with the placement of number 2 so close to the navigation button in the keypad while trying to use Jio TV or other features. It might be a manufacturing defect but after all the necessary steps have been completed when I enquired about this issue, the sales person told to contact the service center. Even the service center is not much of help regarding it. But Jio has corrected that defect in the newer editions of the phone as per official store online.

So considering the price, features, plans offered, its a WIN-WIN situation for both. Jio as well as the consumers for a start. Once they get used to this there are always better things to come with this rapid growth India has been able to achieve thanks to Jio.

Note: An All Time AIRTEL Maniac's unbiased review about a first time experience with Jio :)

2s9zqc4.jpg

167a107.jpg

dy61c4.jpg

20h7zvn.jpg

Points missed:
This model also supports WIFI connectivity and it also supports Wireless Radio :)

Last edited:
Thanks bro. I will convey it to my mom. But at the moment she is not comfortable using the long press * to unlock. It takes sometime to respond. So if she isnt comfortable even after sometime will hand over to my sister since I was somewhat able to manage the delay :)
Then wireless fm radio connectivity bro ??
Oh yeah bro. Wireless FM Radio Connectivity is also available. Its been decades I had used Radio except during the floods in chennai where we lost all connectivity except Radio signals. Thanks for reminding me.

Last edited:
@Kiran Reddy Good spot bro. Wonder how I missed this. Generally or at least in the mobile phones I used, the headphone jack has always been placed on the top. And in this phone its right at the bottom corner. And the sales guy told there's no headphones available in the box. So with all these factors I made a mistake in that.

Lesson learnt to double check before posting a review in a public forum :em:And thanks for ur appriciation inspite of this error bro.

Last edited:
@Kiran Reddy Good spot bro. Wonder how I missed this. Generally or at least in the mobile phones I used, the headphone jack has always been placed on the top. And in this phone its right at the bottom corner. And the sales guy told there's no headphones available in the box. So with all these factors I made a mistake in that.

Lesson learnt to double check before posting a review in a public forum :em:And thanks for ur appriciation inspite of this error bro.
Hey bro that's not a mistake, we tend to miss some things as we are not professional reviewers :)

So it doesn't have wireless fm :(:(:dodgy::sleep:

I thought to go for it if it's have wireless fm means :(:(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock