Discussion Jio Fiber launched and tariffs are out - What's your opinion on their commercial plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jagadeesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 275
  • Views Views: Views 44,965
TIC fiber is planning to launch Triple Play Services. Add is going in TCCL cable TV info channel

Triple play means??
Earlier JIO were also planning to Launch their FIBER service with Triple play plans.. including BB+ LL+ IPTV...
but to get Last mile connectivity N to save their cables cutting from brainless LCOs ..Jio Later changed their decision to include IPTV n Went ahead With LCOs..
N Drop IPTV / triple play service frm Their JIO fiber plans...
So for sure all the plans that jio have launched now was prepared on basis of Triple play service ..And thats why Their plans have less data right now ..Bcz They were going to launch Bundle plans Combining BB+Iptv+ LL under One Umbrella..
N that would make sense with all the plans they launched today ..
But they dropped triple play service at final stage frm their plans..But They Didn't change prices N quotas/limits of data frm these plans ..N Launched them with same price n data now....
N thats Why These plans that they have launched today ..It Feels vry expensive n doesn't make sense any more for common man.......

Earlier JIO were also planning to Launch their FIBER service with Triple play plans.. including BB+ LL+ IPTV...
but to get Last mile connectivity N to save their cables cutting from brainless LCOs ..Jio Later changed their decision to include IPTV n Went ahead With LCOs..
N Drop IPTV / triple play service frm Their JIO fiber plans...
So for sure all the plans that jio have launched now was prepared on basis of Triple play service ..And thats why Their plans have less data right now ..Bcz They were going to launch Bundle plans Combining BB+Iptv+ LL under One Umbrella..
N that would make sense with all the plans they launched today ..
But they dropped triple play service at final stage frm their plans..But They Didn't change prices N quotas/limits of data frm these plans ..N Launched them with same price n data now....
N thats Why These plans that they have launched today ..It Feels vry expensive n doesn't make sense any more for common man.......
Now Jio has no plan to bring IP TV ?

I feel plans are costly, I booked Jio Fiber connection 15 days ago, it was scheduled for installation today but I cancelled it.

I currently use ACT 425 plan (cost ₹500 with GST) where I get 200GB at 25Mbps, along with it I use Tata Sky where I pay around ₹350. I already own a smart TV where I have almost all OTT apps I use. So I pay 775 for Internet + TV.

In Jio even if I opt for least plan Bronze 699 it would cost me ₹825 with GST. I would get 100Mbps speed but data limit would go down to 100GB (free 50GB is not forever) and for cable TV I was told we would need to pay separate charges so I would prefer Tata sky for that and will not take cable from them. Regarding free landline, all my family members already use unlimited calling plans on mobile, it would be good to have landline but it is not much useful.

Coming to free settop box provided by them, I already own smart TV so that would not add much to me as I already have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, Jio Cinema apps in it.

And installation charges of 2500, simply no :)

So I decided it is better to continue with ACT for internet and Tata sky for cable atleast for now, will consider later if they come up with better plans or additional services.

Jio person who called me for installation told me that in coming months they may launch better plans based on locations as current plans won't work for cities like Hyderabad, Bangalore etc. where existing broadband providers give much better plans at lower price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom