Discussion What's your opinion of notch display and multiple cameras on a phone?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 2,377

Do you want a phone with notch display?

• Total voters

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of big phone. It's not a phone if it exceeds 5 inches. It's hard to carry if you wear tight jeans like me. Also not a big fan of notch or full display. When my friend got his some pop up camera phone it was cool to watch. Specifically while recording videos it looked cool. But after buying one I hated it. At first watching video is not cool. If the video player has swipe or double tap or gesture control you'll scroll the video. And app developers are out of touch. It's 2019 why don't we have option to go back where we seeked from yet. If you got big hands like me you may consider not buying a phone with a notch.

OaMmQEq.jpg

Also about cameras. It's dumb to have multiple camera. If somebody makes a time machine comes back in the year 2019 would be laughing their bottoms up. You don't 2 or 3 rear cameras. You only need one. It even makes your phone's look ugly.

j6KA9Jc.jpg

☝And who did this to a phone?👇
ZTaV3Cy.jpg

I brought a Punch hole phone at 4th June and yesterday (13th June) i brought a Notch phone. I would prefer Punch hole over Notch display.

Notch comes at middle and looks odd. Punch hole works better as it stick to a side and doesn't take attention unless you are viewing a video.

I like the full screen displays more than old gen display. May be because Samsung has designed the OS so nicely, and other manufacturers have made quirks so apps not adopting the display properly.

You also get option to make the display start below notch/punch hole. So you can use that option to see the phone apps in traditional way.

I have normal size hands and 6.4 inch phone fits properly in my hand. 5 inch phones are small now and many apps will need scrolling as they require bigger than 5.5 inch display. Gaming and Video also a pleasure on bigger displays.

Most important reason why such phones have come is because of gaming and YouTube. I have a normal 5.5 inch device which definitely doesn't feel good for gaming now. Though phones should never be used for real gaming most don't feel like spending on PC's and here in India most feel PC's cost a fortune which is false.

I do agree that those who don't like this form factor should have the option to get the older style display but unfortunately these brands can't cater to very few people like you. It's all demand & supply.

My opinion is it's good for me since i watch YouTube a lot. I own an 8inch tab which is 18:9 aspect ratio and love watching videos on it. My guess is I will love notch displays too. As for camera just give a cam which gives good output and also for videos OIS is a must.

Most important reason why such phones have come is because of gaming and YouTube. I have a normal 5.5 inch device which definitely doesn't feel good for gaming now. Though phones should never be used for real gaming most don't feel like spending on PC's and here in India most feel PC's cost a fortune which is false.
Casual games which mobiles are meant for aren't good on notch display. Most games like Super Mario Run top portion is missing for now. I haven't tried many games yet.

Casual games which mobiles are meant for aren't good on notch display. Most games like Super Mario Run top portion is missing for now. I haven't tried many games yet.
Play Pubg on a casual display and a bezel less display. You'll immediately realise it's benefits. The 18:9, 21:9 aspect ratio isn't great for texting because for that width will be better but does wonders for multimedia consumption. In the end majority have liked it and we have to move on.

About display: Its inevitable that the world is moving to infinity display and we gonna see more notch, punch hole phones. There gonna be behind screen phones shortly as well. It's not actually bad to have bezel less display as it gives rich experience for videos and gaming.

About multiple cameras: There's actually lot of benefits having multiple cameras. Infact it isn't new to photography field. That's how HDR photography works since ages. Many single lens phones have a "HDR mode", which does exactly what a dual/triple/quad camera do.

HDR mode shoots multiple images and then merges them into a single image highlighting the best features from the different shots. Take same image using normal and HDR mode and you could clearly see the difference.

Instead of working on software to improve the HDR mode, brands decided to go with hardware and added more lenses to achieve better results. So now we have separate lenses for zoom, monochrome shots, wide angle shots, depth, etc.

Multiple cameras gives you (read, feature - lens)
  • hi-res images - telephoto
  • better low light imaging - monochrome sensor
  • Multi aperture - wide angle
  • Extra zoom - 2x/3x zoom lens
  • Image stabilization - monochrome
  • Portrait/ Bokeh - depth
  • Wide angle shot - wide angle
Having said that, I can't deny the fact that it makes the back uglier. Also despite having 3/4/5 lenses, a smartphone camera can't beat a DSLR or even a decent P&S digital camera.

without bezels/notch/punch hole/sliding camera.

If you don't want everything what else you are looking for..🤔

Yeah, Notch Display is good for gaming and watching some videos. Games like PubG and videos feels very good on Notch Display!
As the smartphone's technology is advancing day by day, more new features have to come up yet!
According to me, notch display and multiple cameras are really good because of the quality of cameras increased when multiple!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock