Discussion What's your opinion of notch display and multiple cameras on a phone?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 2,401

Do you want a phone with notch display?

• Total voters
Get a Nokia 8110 4G. It is exactly what you are looking for.:)

No bezels/notch/punch hole/sliding camera.
I don't mind this. It looks classy. How many people you see outside having a keypad device these days? I'm seeing even construction labour's having touch screen devices. Only thing is i can't give up on is qwerty. Typing on that thing is a mess.

Only thing is i can't give up on is qwerty. Typing on that thing is a mess.
I have qwerty phones by old Nokia for more than 7 years. The E series ones. I had E63 and E5.

They were good for fast typing. Just buttons were very small so till you get used to, you will press wrong ones and make hell lot of typos.

I still have both of them with me. It has no value now so no one will buy if i sell.

They still work good and having no issues. Batteries got enlarged as they are very old.

I really want a reputed mobile company like Samsung, Google or Apple to create a 5" display mobile phone without bezels. It'll fit perfect in hands and will look so cute.

I have qwerty phones by old Nokia for more than 7 years. The E series ones. I had E63 and E5.

They were good for fast typing. Just buttons were very small so till you get used to, you will press wrong ones and make hell lot of typos.

I still have both of them with me. It has no value now so no one will buy if i sell.

They still work good and having no issues. Batteries got enlarged as they are very old.
Bro there are people selling black & white TV's for 5-6k on olx here. E63 was considered a top phone a decade back and i always dreamt of purchasing it. I think you should place an ad and you might get some offers for it. Don't forget Nokia had the best hardware at that time and people might purchase it for nostalgia.

Due to this topic getting lots of attention on multiple sites. I have asked @sumitroy bro to create a poll on the same. Please vote and share your thoughts on the topic.

You should have added which types of notches you prefer - wide notch (Nokia 8.1, 5.1+) , small notch (Nokia 6.1+), punch hole (Galaxy S10) , tall notch (Pixel 3XL), waterdrop notch (Oneplus 6T, 7), dot notch (Redmi Note 7/Mi A3 Series)

You should have added which types of notches you prefer - wide notch (Nokia 8.1, 5.1+) , small notch (Nokia 6.1+), punch hole (Galaxy S10) , tall notch (Pixel 3XL), waterdrop notch (Oneplus 6T, 7), dot notch (Redmi Note 7/Mi A3 Series)
My intention was to technology shame notches. (jk) You can write in your post which notches you prefer.

No way in hell will I buy a notched phone. Either one with top and bottom bezels (like the Redmi Note 5 Pro and S9) or a full-screen display like the V15 Pro and K20. Even punch-hole cameras like the S10 are unacceptable for me. I want a clean, rectangular, uninterrupted display.
The X-series iPhones have very wide notches, IMO. Waiting for Apple to introduce a phone with a full-screen notchless display and/or an in-display fingerprint scanner. Apple will launch phones with these features many years after Vivo and Xiaomi but it will charge 10x the price. :wall:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock