Discussion Jio Fiber launched and tariffs are out - What's your opinion on their commercial plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jagadeesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 275
  • Views Views: Views 44,965
Ohh common u can see den logo in the pics I shared in the link some posts back of the new Jio stb, did u see them ???

If some people want to still dream about TV services via internet. Good luck to them.
its not like dreaming..i m just being optimistic...Bcz i want jio to provide IPTV..N also JiO stil has not said any single word today Abt How they will provide tv channels with their Official JIO FIber plans.. stil there is not any clarification on Their Website or in their plans details abt how TV channels will wrk..

Yes now all details are present.
NO mention on wht OTT app Will be included n Most Imp... Live Tv or details abt TV channels service are still missing..i am not able to understand dt why they are not telling details on TV channels services in open n clear words..

Last edited:
Ohh common u can see den logo in the pics I shared in the link some posts back of the new Jio stb, did u see them ???

If some people want to still dream about TV services via internet. Good luck to them.
You are spot on. Airtel is no fool in launching the xstream box just 3 days from the launch, without giving live streaming of tv channels. If they wanted they could have but they know it would destroy the DTH business as most people in tier 1 cities would resort to streaming. Moreover they must be fully aware of the Jio set top box launching without the same feature.

Although I don’t understand , won’t Jio cater to DTH customers, especially in high rise condos which don’t have cable tv even in the far off areas around them. They have laid the fibre in a lot of such complexes.The only way to give them live tv is via fibre i.e live streaming aka iptv and if it does that, rest of the population with cable as well as those with DTH connections in the areas with LCOS presence would be offended and want the same boxes.

Wiring is to begin shortly in my society as well and I hope to get some answers in a day or 2.

Last edited:
Jio set top box not use internet data on jio TV app . other app required data but only jio TV Live app / TV channel not using data like jio tv in mobile phone. So 699 plan gives jio TV all TV channel live free after your 100 GB (50 GB bonus) data cross limit. Other app work because 1 Mbps unlimited internet connection provide jio.

Jio set top box connected both sides like WiFi networks or eathernet cable but jio set top box work only jio broadband connection WiFi or eathernet. Not mobile connection WiFi too connect Jio set top box.

Jio set top box connected both sides like WiFi networks or eathernet cable but jio set top box work only jio broadband connection WiFi or eathernet. Not mobile connection WiFi too connect Jio set top box.
Mistake if you Jio set top box connect to mobile wife then your mobile data is use like mobile jio TV Live data .

Only benifit is for tier3 cities, towns, villages where there are no existing broadband service providers other than BSNL.

Dooms day is near for BSNL broadband
Almost all the rural part of India is connected with cable tv & broadband service through fiber.

Back
Top Bottom