Jio customers to remain loyal even with paid services: Report

Vishnu777

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: As Jio will make its services paid from April 1, 2017, it was thought that many customers may stop subscribing to it, but a research conducted by brokerage firm Bernstein showed opposite trend.
"We expected many people would appreciate the 'free' Jio offer but be critical regarding voice quality - with many likely to move back to their primary operator once they were forced to pay. What we see is the opposite," the report stated. Bernstein is a Wall Street research and brokerage firm.
"Jio scores highest overall on customer loyalty -- and outscores the incumbents on customer service, convenience, data coverage, data speeds, and handset choice. They also outscored Vodafone and Idea in voice quality and voice coverage," it added.
The report also stated that most of the 2G/3G users in the sample test expect to upgrade to 4G within the next year, and 80 per cent say they will consider Jio when they do.
The survey also gave some insight on the critical question of what percent of Jio users will decide to stay and pay Rs 303 a month.
"Despite 67 per cent of users classifying their existing Jio SIM as 'secondary', a full 63 per cent of these users said they plan to make Jio their new primary operator and a further 28 per cent said they would continue to use Jio as a second SIM.
"Only 2 per cent of existing Jio users said they will give up their SIM. It's possible the new 'matching offers' by the incumbents will push the take-rate down a bit... but the extremely high starting numbers indicates things will continue to be tough," the report added.
Bernstein said it sampled 1,000 predominantly high value users drawn from across India.

Jio customers to remain loyal even with paid services: Report - The Economic Times

Haha. Learn the business from Mukesh Bhai.
Even if not 303, people will still get the 149 plan: 2GB + unlimited calls/sms + Jio Apps.

In my view, people still underestimate the Jio Apps which add a lot of value. Especially Jio Mags is my favourite.
Also, it is my gut feeling that Jio Services will be too good once paid period starts.

What is the per sec/min call charges in jio without any monthly pack?

Sarkar said:
What is the per sec/min call charges in jio without any monthly pack?

Bro I heard somewhere that it is 2 paise per second.....

What will happen to my Jio number if I
1. Don't recharge anything?
2. Recharge with 99 only but no monthly pack?

Pranab said:

Same question in also my mind i think if we cant recharge more than month our subscription will be cancelled

I think We have to recharge once in 30 days to continue with jio prime

Pranab said:
1. You will only get incoming calls till 90 days. After 90 days, your number will be deactivated.
2. You will get the benefit of 99 pack then..

@karan7: you need to recharge to avail benefits. Either prime or non-prime. And monthly packs are of 28 days only.

karan7 said:
I think We have to recharge once in 30 days to continue with jio prime
haha that's not necessary we had paid 99 so we can enjoy service.

karan7 said:
Same question in also my mind i think if we cant recharge more than month our subscription will be cancelled
That cannot be as TRAI rule stated that if no usage of a number for more than 90 days then only operator can deactivate it if balance is less than 20 Rupee. If more than 20 then that 20 will be deducted as maintenance fee

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock