Seeking Help Issue with new Sony w772e led tv

• Thread starter Binit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 95
  • Views: Views 16,288
Today the sony guy visited & he could clearly see the problem from the first minute but he just refused to accept the fact that the panel was faulty. Such a douchebag. He was giving all kinds of excuses & tried his very best to influence me that it was ok. Even when he called his higher authority he said that only if one carefully observes then only one can spot it & blah blah. He tooks vids with mobile as evidence. I said u urself r the evidence bro. Such a jerk. He also opened the tv cabinet. He just did not tell the actual problem to his higher authority. He just refused for a replacement/refund. 👿👿
Who is he to refuse bro. Whether the problem is visible with a deeper look or normal look shouldn't matter. Problem is problem. You can write to Sony India and ask them directly. Tweet them the video. They must replace the panel for free if it's a panel issue else they must replace the TV itself. We buy Sony TV to have peace of mind, and now this!!

Today the sony guy visited & he could clearly see the problem from the first minute but he just refused to accept the fact that the panel was faulty. Such a douchebag. He was giving all kinds of excuses & tried his very best to influence me that it was ok. Even when he called his higher authority he said that only if one carefully observes then only one can spot it & blah blah. He tooks vids with mobile as evidence. I said u urself r the evidence bro. Such a jerk. He also opened the tv cabinet. He just did not tell the actual problem to his higher authority. He just refused for a replacement/refund. 👿👿
I think you should tweet about this. So pathetic service by SONY.

The main thing that is hurting me the most is the adamant nature of the guy who visited & also of the guy who called me regarding this issue who behaved as if i committed some sin. He was talking to me in an insolent tone & asked me to factory reset!! Ridiculous! They are just not consoling in nature. They said that it normally happens in a led tv as if i m a villager & watching tv for the first time. This was my first sony tv & the experience has been horrible! Let's wait for a response from the Sony team regarding a solution. Fingers crossed till then😔 I do have a samsung led tv & lg monitor but never came across issue like this.

The main thing that is hurting me the most is the adamant nature of the guy who visited & also of the guy who called me regarding this issue who behaved as if i committed some sin. He was talking to me in an insolent tone & asked me to factory reset!! Ridiculous! They are just not consoling in nature. They said that it normally happens in a led tv as if i m a villager & watching tv for the first time. This was my first sony tv & the experience has been horrible! Let's wait for a response from the Sony team regarding a solution. Fingers crossed till then😔 I do have a samsung led tv & lg monitor but never came across issue like this.
If Sony company don't hear your complaint and your led is in guarantee period then you can put a petition in consumer court then you will definitely get the solution :angry:

Be persistent,they will replace it.My Sony TV had horizontal lines and they did replace the panel even after warranty was over.

Did you write/tweet Sony India?

Did you write/tweet Sony India?
Nope, the guy who visited my home yesterday said he is gonna escalate the issue to the Sony team & has asked me to wait for their reply. But he also said not to be optimistic about refund/ replacement. He himself is to be blamed as he didn't report the actual issue to them. But i will be getting a new unit no matter what. Sony is the brand name but the people r trash.

Last edited:
Update: I waited for 4 days & neither Sony team responded nor the dealer who sold me the tv. I called them repeatedly but everytime the dealer cut the phone. So i decided to surrender the tv at the store. I took it there & nobody even came to see the problem!! I was shell shocked. So i sat there & after repeated requests the sony dealer unboxed my tv & connected his pen drive & opened an image n said tv is perfect!! I said to open a white wallpaper n check or at least connect set-top box. He denied & said take ur tv back!! Then i said u listen to me jerk & i myself opened a white wall via screen cast n the panel issue was clearly there. He said this happens in led tvs!! Then he said there's a fault in my mobile screen!! Someone said the white wallpaper was faulty. 👿👿 Finally after a scuffle & a huge fight for 30 mins he compared with a new tv & accepted that the panel is faulty. OMG!! I was exhausted by then. He took the tv back & said there's no stock of this model !! I don't know when i will be getting a new tv😭😭 what a horrible day!! The behaviour of those sony people was gross & rude!! Never ever i will buy sony products.

Have anyone been through such horrible experience with Sony products?

Have anyone been through such horrible experience with Sony products?

No. Never heard or seen such a thing. Hmm, the dealer is at fault and he should exchange it. U should have told him that u would file a complaint in consumer court against his dealership.

How can he behave in such a manner, specially when people are buying such expensive TV, its not like people buy new TVs every year.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock